weighting x-star Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » weighting x-star « Previous Next »
By Shane Applegate (happ) on Monday, September 08, 2003 - 8:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Just sold my toyota v-drive going to miss the gas mileage and the huge wake. I am buying a 99 X-star. What is the best way to weight it????
I think my first try will be 2 800lb in back. 1 500lb in ski locker and one 500lb up front. What do you guys think?

By Chris Molidor (cdm) on Monday, September 08, 2003 - 9:31 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Shane, what are you talking about? For one thing, the boat cannot handle 4800 lbs of ballast. TRY - two fulls in the back ~1200 lbs, ~400 lb in ski locker (because thats all it will hold) and a full ~600 lb up front. This will be a great wake with a few passangers. An additional 500 lbs of lead would be nice if you are sort a few riders. Also adding an ACME 13.5 * 16 or 14 * 16 prop would be essential. I had a 00' and now an 03' X-Star. What size engine is in the 99', 310 HP? }

By Jeremy Martin (jeremy2210) on Monday, September 08, 2003 - 9:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I think he was saying TWO 800lb sacks in the back, and ONE 500 lb in the ski locker

By Shane Applegate (happ) on Monday, September 08, 2003 - 10:20 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I was saying 2 800lb sacks in the back. Sounds like this might be too much weight in back. The motor is on the title as a 2000 I dont know why.(330 HP) I bought this boat for $21,000 and it only has 200 hrs. on it. I have 500lb of lead I used in the bow of my Toyota, I think it would be nice if I can hide all the weight and still have a nice wake. Thank you for your help... I have not had a chance to ride behind it yet, and look forward to it tomorrow.

By Darren Yearsley (ralph) on Tuesday, September 09, 2003 - 2:50 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I would have thought the x-2 would have a better wake than the S22? Be nice to here your experience of the two after some time in the MC.

By travis moye (driving) on Tuesday, September 09, 2003 - 7:31 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
the x-2 definitely has a better wake. trust me. i had 4 or 5 toyotas. and, am on my second x-2.
just use that lead you have in the bow. i don't know what the 99 had for stock ballast, i think it just has ballast in the back. but, put a 400 sack in the locker. and, just a side sack, 250, on each side of the factory ballast. if you have tons of people in the boat, you can get away without even putting those.
enjoy!

By Shane Applegate (happ) on Tuesday, September 09, 2003 - 10:01 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I put 500# of lead in the bow, filled a sack as full as I could in the locker and TWO 550s in the back. The wake was nice and seems to have more vert than my YOTA ever did.(I had to ride 5ft further back, the wake is not nearly as wide.) We added ONE 550 in the walkway of the bow and the wake just got bigger. I cant beleive I got this boat for $21000.00. It has so much more low end power. Thank You
For all your help

By Mitch Mansfield (mitchm) on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 4:54 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Shane, That is a sweet deal. My wife won't give up slalom, so I'll always have a DD. I have an auto ballast system w/ 1100 lbs/5 pumps (550 in locker and same is rear trunk. Wake is sweet, but I want an 04 X2 for xmas. Think about adding the bigger platform for that boat. I just added the 03 205V platform, and it is sweet. Worth the $$. Anyway, have fun!

By wilson (3puttwilson) on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 5:07 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
In my x2 I have 550 lbs sacs in each rear locker, stock 400 lb sac in ski locker, 540 lb launch sac in the bow floor and 120 lbs of lead under bow cusions. I don't use that much if there are more than 4 people in the boat. The wake get too big and you have to speed up to keep it clean. That works for me.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com