2004 Gravity SSV or 2004 San Team Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » 2004 Gravity SSV or 2004 San Team « Previous Next »
By Rob Pruett (prufam) on Monday, September 08, 2003 - 10:05 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Just sold my 03 san. It is hard to turn down a good offer. Anyway got to looking around and started shopping value. price vs price, value vs value, wake vs wake, Both dealers gave great disounts but still 10k diff. Thanx

By Rob Pruett (prufam) on Monday, September 08, 2003 - 10:11 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Oh yea, also these boats use the same resign, 8oz diff in carpet, almost the same upholstery. Any input would be great from both sides, being i just sold my 03.

By matt (supraman) on Monday, September 08, 2003 - 10:20 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I know this will sound crazy, but have you checked out the 04 Moomba XLV? I know it's wild to compare a Moomba and a SAN, but I think it may be worth a shot. It is possible that a SAN will have nicer fit and finish, but the XLV is an incredible boat with unique things to offer.

It has a more ramp-like wake (like that of the new X-star) rather than the vert wake of the SAN, so that needs to be taken into consideration according to your preferences.

Also, the SAN is a SMALL boat. The XLV is a HUGE boat that puts out the wake of a core, smaller wakeboard boat. As a Supra SSV owner, the XLV is the one Moomba I would consider over the Supra. I have ridden behind the actual Gravity Games XLV they're going to use in a few weeks and it is a SWEET ride. MSRP for the Gravity Games should be around $43k.

By Rob Pruett (prufam) on Monday, September 08, 2003 - 10:39 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thank you, the supra dealer is a moomba dealer also. I have not ridden behind the ssv but i know what you are talking about the san wake bucking you straight up. Its just when you compare option to option and the materials they both use..

By vandal (vandal) on Monday, September 08, 2003 - 1:01 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
not gonna straight up dog any boat but this isnt even close.............'04 TEAM without a doubt. I've ridden behind both extensively and enjoy wakeboarding behind the SAN-TE MUCH more, and isn't that what it is all about?

By Troy Lindstrom (troyl) on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 12:37 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
If you enjoyed the "good offer" you got on the 2003 SAN, you half to ask yourself if you would get that same "good offer" on the Supra or Moomba. If you only own your boat a couple years or so, the resale value becomes one of the top priorities in the purchase, at least from the finacial side.

By jay dutton (parkcityxj) on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 1:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I ride behind both quite a bit. I fact this week were taking both a SSV Gravity Games and SAN to Lake Powell tomorrow.

I love both boats and would be stoked to own either one of them.

The SSV is definatly roomier and think has nice features like the staduim seating, a cooler that works, storage under the observers seat that is actually accesable w/o moving everybody around and lifting the entire seat. I also like the play pen seating at the back rests that can fold up or down in the walk way. They XM radio is cool on the SSV, but you can get that on the SAN too.

The SAN on the other hand is a pure performance machine. It drives/handles a bit tigher and you feel like one w/the boat whille behind the wheel.

As far as the wakes go the SAN has quite a bit more pop than the SSV. I feel that the actual girth or size of the SSV is bigger, but the SAN has more kick. But that's personal preference, I actually prefer the SSV's subtle pop to the explosion off the SAN. My buddy just got bigger gravity games sacs for the trip, so we'll see how it compares after that.

I'm no pro, but one of my buddies was back in the day and he can throw his entire bag of tricks behind both boats effortlessly, but he can throw them all behind my Dixie Skier too (of course w/a little more effort).

I think quality difference is nil. I think they're both top notch. I know the SAN will stay tigth for year to come. Not sure about the SSV, but they have stepped it up.

If money were no object I'd go for the SAN. However I would have a hard time justifying $10K more on it too, if I were shopping on a budget. (Not that I can afford either one of them)

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com