my bank wont finance boat reg'd in an... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » my bank wont finance boat reg'd in another state « Previous Next »
By Brett Davis (bdavis) on Monday, September 08, 2003 - 9:28 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I live in CA but will be registering my boat in AZ. My bank wont finance so I need to look for another company.

Any help?

By Dave Covington (damnation) on Monday, September 08, 2003 - 9:51 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Essex Credit (owned by Bank of the West)

Bank of the West

The people who do the paperwork for them are basically incompetent, but they will likely give you a loan and a pretty good rate. Once you get their butts in gear you are good to go. Worth a shot.

By Geforce (grantmi1) on Monday, September 08, 2003 - 10:36 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Bank of America great rates..

By Rick H (blastmaster) on Monday, September 08, 2003 - 5:38 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Bet you have insurance trouble too. They will ask waht state you are licensed in and also where it is garaged principally. Watch the navigation limits for state or territorial limits.

By S Dub (sdub) on Tuesday, September 09, 2003 - 4:51 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post

I see your point. Cali wants to charge 1% prop. tax on the boat. Az just charges $85 / year for out of state registration owners. They know what us Cali's are doing and dont care.

Can you buy the boat w/ Cal. reg, then change it later to Az. I dont think they would know.

I see the banks point, they dont want to go repo'n a boat out of state.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com