2001 pics? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » 2001 pics? « Previous Next »
By Brandon Goshulak (brandon_g) on Saturday, September 06, 2003 - 1:46 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
hey i hear alot about the ski nautique 2001 and was wondering if i could see some pics of the wake

By Greg (lucky) on Monday, September 08, 2003 - 8:39 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Mine is in my profile. '82

By Brandon Goshulak (brandon_g) on Monday, September 08, 2003 - 7:29 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
no i ment a pic of the wake not the boat

By Tom Adrian (tommyadrian5) on Tuesday, September 09, 2003 - 6:11 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
there is a movie on wakepics.com where they are riding behind a 2001

By Greg (lucky) on Tuesday, September 09, 2003 - 6:37 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Sorry, Brandon I did not read your whole request. I don't have any pics with me at work but it is big and clean. However it is a little more narrow so you may want to use a little more line. I have ridden behind Wakesetters and Launches and I prefer my wake any day. I would gladly accept the luxury and room of the newer boats.

By vandal (vandal) on Tuesday, September 09, 2003 - 7:49 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
no way a 2001 wake is better than a Launch or Wakesetter. Just wont happen. I have ridden behind a 87 2001 quite often over the last 3-4 years and I cant wait to get back behind my Wakesetter VLX's wake. The 2001's wake is great for wakeskating but serious wakeboarding is just too much for that narrow of a hull..........wake doesnt hold up.

By Greg (lucky) on Tuesday, September 09, 2003 - 11:51 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have ridden behind a direct drive Wakesetter on many occasion, but not a VLX. I thought the wake was horrible. The Supra I was referring to was also a direct drive. I've ridden behind Super Airs, Pro Airs, and the Launch v-drive, those wake were all in my opinion better then my boat. As for the 2001 wake not holding up, what ever!

By vandal (vandal) on Tuesday, September 09, 2003 - 12:16 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
hey, I am not dogging the 2001.....it is a very good boat but wasn't built with the purpose of generating a serious wakeboard wake. the hull is too narrow and with a hard edge you can pull it from side to side easily and then....presto!!.....washed out wake. if you have more of a drift-in sytle of riding, or aren't worrying about going way out into the flats then the 2001 would be a good, inexpensive choice. And it is still probably the best wakeskate wake there is. Dont take it personal Greg, its not your fault.

By Greg (lucky) on Tuesday, September 09, 2003 - 12:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm really not taking it personal. I was just stating my opinion on my experience. I'm a pretty big guy and I do edge hard, and I love the wake. If my boat were not paid for, I would probably consider getting a new boat. But it would be becasue the wake is better then what I have. As I stated above I have no experience behind your boat or many boats out there for that matter, and I'm sure there are many wakes way better then mine; I was just rying to give a helpful comparison and my opinion.

By Blabelmooch (blabel) on Tuesday, September 09, 2003 - 12:49 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Here are a couple of pics. Loaded down in Saltwater.

http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=2871

http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=2384

http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=2383

Best wake for the money, hands down. Just like the SAN but narrower and a little less of a transition.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com