ever wonder why Jabsco has no info Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » ever wonder why Jabsco has no info « Previous Next »
By William (sonicr1) on Friday, September 05, 2003 - 5:23 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
About the ballast puppy on their web page??? Is it a conspiracy??? Am I paranoid??? Hear me out. When I looked up the data sheet for it, there is none, nore is there any info regarding amp draw on the products page. When I looked up the "water puppy" though, which looks similer, has similer dimensions it kind of made me think... it states that running wire over 21' requires 8 gauge wire...

What's the point... My X-10 has, at best, 10 gauge wiring!!!!! I have had problems with these pumps since we got them. The smaller impeller (the recall fix) solved the problem for a while, but my center pump died... oh and by the way, it states in the data sheet that "full voltage should be available to prevent motor damage."

Tell me Mastercraft didn't have Jabsco take all the info off their page regarding the ballast puppy just to save themselves money-having to repair the ballast system the correct way!!!

OK, I'm probably paranoid, but man it looks fishy to me!!!!!!!!!

By Kevin Geary (wakescene) on Friday, September 05, 2003 - 8:32 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
while I see your point...if MC has something to do with it, they are risking a huge fire hazard with running smaller wire then is required to run the pump properly.

The costs MC saves on using thinner then required wire could not be justified, and would be to risky.

Is it possible that Jabsco is updating the info b/c they are soming out with a new model due to past design issues???

KG

By Scott (oshensurfer) on Friday, September 05, 2003 - 1:46 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
It wouldn't just be MC that installed Jabsco's in their boats...I have 'em in my Centurion. Had the impellers replaced too. Ran right the one time I've had it out since replacing them. Hoping not to continue having issues. We shall see.

By Salmon Tacos (salmon_tacos) on Friday, September 05, 2003 - 2:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
All the Water Puppy pumps I saw require 12 gauge for 21-30ft., 14 gauge for under 21 ft.

I also noticed that most of the "non-commercial-duty" pumps on Jabsco's site don't have complete tech specs.

By William (sonicr1) on Monday, September 08, 2003 - 7:09 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Out of curiosity, how do you know they require 12 gauge? Have you seen a tech write up? Just wondering, because there has been a few guys on the board say that they don't appear to be getting enough current with the stock wiring using 12 gauge... as it wasn't providing 12 volts or even enough amps when scoped. Another guy stated that the dealer he took his boat back to put in relays because the wiring wasn't providing the right current.

-just frustrated, thanks for the replies!!!

By William (sonicr1) on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 2:47 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
BTW, Jabsco's info page says the water puppy requires 8 gauge wire over 21'.

By Salmon Tacos (salmon_tacos) on Friday, September 12, 2003 - 8:43 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I checked the specs (PDF files) on all the water puppies found in a search. Like I said before though, they only have tech specs for "Commercial Duty" water puppies so I'm not sure if it's the same thing.

Go here: http://www.jabsco.com/prodInfoApp/servlet/DisplayItemDetail?itemId=18670-0123&catalogId=Industrial&categoryId=JIFLX&typeId=JIFBZ

and click on "Technical Data Sheet"

By Salmon Tacos (salmon_tacos) on Friday, September 12, 2003 - 8:55 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Oh, OK. I went through a different route on their website now and found the "regular" water puppy data sheet. You are right, it says 8 gauge. It seems a little strage to me though that the 9 amp "commercial" water puppy requires 12 gauge while the 8 amp "regular" water puppy requires 8 gauge.

From the listed weights and the parts lists, it looks like the commercial ones just have heavier motors. Maybe if another one goes out, you should order motor number 18753-0050 or 18753-0659.

By Salmon Tacos (salmon_tacos) on Friday, September 12, 2003 - 9:01 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Geez...well more digging and voila...the ballast puppy data sheet:

http://www.jabsco.com/prodInfo/overview/43000-0755_ds.pdf

By William (sonicr1) on Friday, September 12, 2003 - 8:03 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
you da man!!!! And if you actually measure it, from battery to the switch to the pump and back to battery throught he switch, it is probably a good 25+ feet anyway... (did they mess up the wiring guage chart?)... and it says the amp draw on the ballast puppy is 12 amps... weird... like you said, the water puppy draws less amps... I'M CONFUSED!!!!!!!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com