Heater Hook up? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » Heater Hook up? « Previous Next »
By Galen Weaver (g_money) on Thursday, September 04, 2003 - 9:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
It's going to start getting colder here in the NW so I want add a heater. I have a SeaRay 185 Alpha MercCrusier 6 banger. I was wondering where you tap into the coolilng system. Both the supply and return lines. Anyone have any clue? Pictures.

I will be using a auxillary heating system I already own.

Thanks,
Galen

By Bob (bob) on Thursday, September 04, 2003 - 10:47 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I tapped into the water pump and the intake manifold.

By Stan Tannner (sbt3) on Friday, September 05, 2003 - 6:23 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I did the same thing bob did. Near the front of the intake you can take out on of the fitting and use that as one source the other that you want to do is the water pump cause it will cause good circulation. There should be a plug on the water pump it may have a allen head on it. Take that out and put a threaded fiting with a hose barb into it. I originally had it off the intake and the block but there was not enough circulation to keep the heater core hot.

(Message edited by sbt3 on September 05, 2003)

By Fluid Concepts (jlembas) on Friday, September 05, 2003 - 8:57 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Galen,

What's going on my friend? I'm not familiar with the 6 banger, however, here is an article with instructions that Dave did on installing a heater. I'm sure it couldn't hurt.

http://www.wakeworld.com/articles/2002/heater.asp

Jerry Lembas
Fluid Concepts
www.fluidconcepts.net

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com