Nautiques and prop spin direction? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » Nautiques and prop spin direction? « Previous Next »
By Norman Cavedo (smig) on Wednesday, September 03, 2003 - 4:59 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Is there any nautique model where the prop spins to the left and not the right?

By Trey (trey) on Friday, September 05, 2003 - 1:50 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I really doubt it.. Nautique is pretty anal about the prop direction.. the idea is with no weight and only the driver in the boat the Right hand prop turn will level the boat out.. I don't see them changing that anytime soon

By William Boehnke (monstersportsw) on Friday, September 05, 2003 - 2:54 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
All SNs spin that way. SN also claims it is safer that way.

By Dan Fishburn (sfish) on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 10:56 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
My 1995 Sport Nautique has a left hand screw and I HATE IT!

You always pick up a skier/rider on the right side of the boat. With a left hand screw the back of the boat goes away from the rider.

(Message edited by sfish on September 10, 2003)

By Mitch Mansfield (mitchm) on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 12:15 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey Dan, A LH prop brings the rear to the right (i.e. drivers side/starboard)when in reverse, and is better than RH spin for picking up riders and boards. I believe your Sport has a RH prop like the rest of the CC line, but there are others more knowledgable on this board. I have a bud w/ 94 sport and his is RH. Cya

By Mike Jolley (mikeski) on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 10:53 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
All Nautiques use LH rotation = top of prop rotates left as you face the motor when transmission is in forward (which causes it to back to the left). The reason Nautiques rotate the opposite direction is so the torque of the prop counter acts the weight of the driver when there are no other passengers in the boat. It is legal to ski with no observer in Florida where Nautiques are built. All Nautiques rotate the same unless somebody has converted them to normal direction. BTW, the designers at Correct Craft view the backing away from the skier as a safety feature not an inconvenience.

By Alex Holden (nautiair) on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 10:43 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
they also claim that it helps the boat turn both directions at about the same attitude...... some boats will only turn one way really well and the other direction makes more of a flat turn..

By Alex Holden (nautiair) on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 10:46 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
one thing that I like about it is that if you pick a rider up on the right you don't have the possibility of backing over them....... unless you are just careless and stupid.... it does take a little getting used to.... the other thing that I like about it is that I surf goofy footed so that puts me frontside .....wooo hooo

By Shawn (csquared) on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 6:52 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
All nautiques use right-handed props. Prop rotates towards the driver's side of the boat or clockwise as viewed from behind the boat....that's right-handed

By Mike Jolley (mikeski) on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 10:56 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
same direction different perspective... my nomenclature may not be correct.

By Mike Jolley (mikeski) on Friday, September 19, 2003 - 7:32 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
same direction different perspective... my nomenclature may not be correct.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com