Does anyone have one of those stretch... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » Does anyone have one of those stretchy MC covers? « Previous Next »
By Keith Wilton (wiltok) on Tuesday, September 02, 2003 - 7:19 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm refering to the black one with no straps. Really getting tired of having to strap down my cover all time. 1) is it really a lot easier to put on? 2) how much?

By barefooter (prostar205v) on Tuesday, September 02, 2003 - 8:26 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yes, I have had 2...One for a 03 209 and 1 for a 03 25th Anniversary boat. Just returned from the lake with rain most of the way home. The cover is really good for throwing the cover on at night and is really tight. Bad news I can't keep mine strapper tight at highway speeds. Also they have some sticky residue stuff on the underneath side of the cover that left it's residue all over the windshield and deck......I changed to the snap cover on the 03 209 and never had any problems. I will probably due the same again with the new boat.

By Keith Wilton (wiltok) on Tuesday, September 02, 2003 - 8:50 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks Barefooter. How much do they cost?

By barefooter (prostar205v) on Tuesday, September 02, 2003 - 9:41 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Stretch Cover was around $450-500 and the Cockpit and Bow cover was $500-550. All were from MC. The stretch cover would work great if it had a snap or straps in the middle under the windshield. Right now it is velcro and looks like..well not good. You may see the velcro on the side of the boat in my profile. I also had a 2000 205V that had the old strap cover. I took it to a canvas shop and for $100 they cut the cover and put snaps on the cover. I had them put the snaps under the rubrail and it worked great.

By barefooter (prostar205v) on Tuesday, September 02, 2003 - 9:43 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I know of a 209 grey stretch cover for sale for $250, used twice.......

By Keith Wilton (wiltok) on Tuesday, September 02, 2003 - 9:56 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have a X-9 - any chance your 209 cover has the holes for my tower??

By barefooter (prostar205v) on Tuesday, September 02, 2003 - 10:02 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
No holes...

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com