Sorry Ty, I went sealed... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » Sorry Ty, I went sealed... « Previous Next »
By Sean M (magic) on Monday, September 01, 2003 - 10:36 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Sorry Ty, you have been my free-air brother....

I finally got around to the summer boat project. I took out the free-air Adire Shiva 12" in front of the drivers feet (2001 Cal-Air DD). Replaced it (for now) with a JL 10w6 that I have had laying around. I do like the tighter bass from the JL. And, one out of two neighbors don't!

Used threaded inserts in box to mount the baffle to. That way, I can remove just the baffle and replace it with an other driver if I feel like it with out pulling the box out or messing with removing the speaker.

Covered the whole box in resin, fiber glassed the back panel because I needed a bow in it to clear the heater core and plasti-dip coated the front baffle. I measured about .62ft^3 of air space. Perfect for the JL in a sealed box.

Not quite the bling bling of other boats, but it does the job nicely. Next step is to build a better box for the Eclipse Ti 12 I have under the observer's seat.

Few pics:

Before
Sub before

Back side of the box before glass and resin.
box 2

Little test fit after the rear panel was built up
Test

The finished product. Those of you have tried to put stereo's in these boats know my pain! I had to mount the box, then the front baffle...
lkjl

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Tuesday, September 02, 2003 - 6:25 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
great work...nice install.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com