NEW X-STAR Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » NEW X-STAR « Previous Next »
By LARRY LAW (larry_lover) on Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 1:06 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
THE REST OF THE INDUSTRY IS 10 YEARS BEHIND THIS BOAT. SUPER AIR 1ST BUILT IN 1994 CALLED THE SUPER SPORT NOW THATS INOVATION.

By Bill (skionone) on Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 1:35 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Did you spend a year thinking of that comment!

By dane (greatdane) on Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 1:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I would rather own a SAN or VLX (and they are 2/3 the price)

By LARRY LAW (larry_lover) on Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 1:43 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
THATS BECAUSE THEY ARE 2/3 THE BOAT.

By John Richard (jrichard) on Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 2:04 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Larry, I've read three of your five posts...so informed and informative. Nice to have you aboard.

By LARRY LAW (larry_lover) on Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 2:06 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
YEAH I JUST FELL OFF THE SKI PLATFORM YESTERDAY!!!

By Scotty D (jinxton) on Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 2:42 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
When you fell did you hit your head on the caps lock button??

(Message edited by jinxton on August 30, 2003)

By Thane Dogg (thane_dogg) on Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 6:27 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Scotty - BAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!!

Larry I don't even know if I fully understand your statement. Which boat is ahead of who? Please clarify.

By Alan (tigeal) on Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 7:03 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Larry you regitered today just to inform us of this? What other Knowledge do you have? After all you sound like a very intellegent person. Do you mean my VLX is only 2/3 of a boat? It seems to work great without the other 1/3 that I am unknowingly without, what 1/3 is it missing anyway?

By Wes (pesos) on Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 9:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
stop shouting

By Tracie (mb_girl) on Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 11:04 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yes Larry, please stop shouting - you're hurting my eyes!!

By Pierce Bronkite (pierce_bronkite) on Sunday, August 31, 2003 - 6:52 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
scotty, HA HA HAHAA!!!!!!

Larry- Learn before you start talking or typing.

By Tony Neal (aneal000) on Monday, September 01, 2003 - 11:10 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Luke I am your father! The thing looks like a spaceship.

scotty... lol

By Greg Hodgin (eccpaint) on Monday, September 01, 2003 - 7:38 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Larry Lover? Does that mean Larry is in love with himself? Sounds about right.

By WakeNup (hockeyruss) on Tuesday, September 02, 2003 - 4:48 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Alan, you are missing 1/3 of the boat and 9/16 of the payments. Mastercraft is second to none, not with the innovation or fit and finish, but second to none in gouging the public for an overhyped, underproduced, still having major problems and can't mass produce yet (so I have been told by an industry insider).

By travis moye (driving) on Tuesday, September 02, 2003 - 5:09 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
you kids are funny! russ, i am curious as to what major problems you think the boat is having. all i know is that the tour boat has been towed over 10,000 miles around the country and had over 300 hours on it this summer with tons of weight in it, driving as hard as you can drive a boat, and we didn't have ONE problem with it.

By WakeNup (hockeyruss) on Tuesday, September 02, 2003 - 8:02 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Of course they got the 1 for the tour down. I would bet that Parks boat is probably perfect too! I have heard from insiders in the industry that they are still having problems with the molds, and the boat is not ready for mass production yet. Can't confirm or deny it though. With a 70-80k price tag it will probably never be mass produced. I personally don't know travis, I have never seen one in person. I know there are none in our area, probably none in my state. What I can say is for basically 60% the price I can produce a serious wakeboard machine.

By KStateAlumni(aka Bradley Beach) (bbeach) on Tuesday, September 02, 2003 - 11:44 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Russ I would say that Travis is about as close to an industry "insider" as they come... Listen to the man I'm sure he knows what he's talking about.

By Tony Neal (aneal000) on Tuesday, September 02, 2003 - 11:51 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have spent a few days in one and I think they did a great job with it. I don't know what production issues they might still have but the one our dealer got in did not have any major flaws or issues. I think the boat is overall a great boat... a little expensive but so is the Nautique 226 and I'm sure a loaded up 23LSV will be getting up there too, but they are a lot more of a boat than we have all been used to, and with that comes price.

By Chris Brown (chill720) on Tuesday, September 02, 2003 - 6:36 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
yea trust me, listen to Travis, he is in the boat every weekend busting and sweating his ass off so everyone can enjoy watching tour stops and xgames etc...so yea, he knows exactly what he is talking about. quit being so jealous because you cant afford one!

By travis moye (driving) on Tuesday, September 02, 2003 - 6:44 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
the tour boat was one of the first ones made. if anything they have made a few small improvements in the boat. and they give the same attention to detail in all of the boats. not just the tour's or parks', but all of them. anyone who has been to and seen the factory in person knows that, its incredible.
as far as mass production. how many are they going to have to make to make people happy. they are getting to all the dealers. i know that thru all my travels this year i see one or two wherever i go. i was doing a clinic in minnesota a couple of weeks ago and one came ripping past me.
the boat kills it. period.

By Stefani (wakelvr) on Tuesday, September 02, 2003 - 9:54 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Off the subject a little... Travis, by the way, your weight recipe for the old xstar is right on. Thanks for all your help! We are in love with our X2 and the wake is perfect now!

Okay peeps, flame on....

By Phaeton (phaeton) on Tuesday, September 02, 2003 - 10:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The boat kills it period is a bold statement. Not to say there is a perfect boat but one that bucks front to back is far from kills it period.

By travis moye (driving) on Wednesday, September 03, 2003 - 4:47 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
bucks from front to back. do you mean porpoise. because one thing i know for a fact is that no matter how much weight you put in a new x-star it will not porpoise, no matter how fast you are going.
thanks stefani, i love the x-2 as well.

i'm off this thread. i don't know why i got on it. it will never end.

By Alex Holden (nautiair) on Wednesday, September 03, 2003 - 6:10 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I rode in the tour boat with mike ferraro and he had it fully weighted and it never porpoised.... he commented that this was the first boat that he could drive at speed when fully loaded.... if it does buck back and forth then the weight is not distributed properly. I own a SANTE and I will be the first to say that this is a sweet boat. Phaeton, do you own one???/ have you ridden behind one or are you just going on what a friend of a friend said that he saw from 100 yards away....... I have said it before and I'll say it again...GIVE IT A F'IN REST.
late

alex

By Phaeton (phaeton) on Wednesday, September 03, 2003 - 6:43 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
If I remember correctly, that is why the Pro Hydrofoilers didn't ride behind it in Canada.
They do ride faster than the Wakeboarders though.

Alex I never said the boat was a POS.

By LARRY LAW (larry_lover) on Wednesday, September 03, 2003 - 12:45 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The boat is in production and does work. Like i said the rest of the industry is 10 years behind ask any rider. The pro riders are asking for it at every photo shoot. But I think the x-80 is better anyway.

By Kevin Geary (wakescene) on Wednesday, September 03, 2003 - 12:48 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
here is a good pic I got on a whim, 2 weeks ago...Stock ballast + 1500lbs, never porpoised and the front never went under...BUT MAN IS THAT CLOSE!!!

KG

xstar

By Tom Barnard (tlb) on Wednesday, September 03, 2003 - 1:06 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Larry's right. Fiberglass boat, ballast, waketower, no one's ever thought of that before!

By LARRY LAW (larry_lover) on Wednesday, September 03, 2003 - 1:46 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Tom are you bitter that your hull was first built in 98.

By Bill J (sdboardr99) on Wednesday, September 03, 2003 - 2:20 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
So Larry how many pros do you know? I'm interested because I've been to every pro tour stop except one this year and I've heard a lot of comments about the X Star's wake. There are plenty of pros that don't like the wake, mostly because they are used to the steeper wake of a SANTE.

Your over-hyped generalizations don't provide anything new. What features are 10 years ahead? In which ways is it better than other top wakeboard boats? Why is it worth $30K more than other boats?

By Tom Barnard (tlb) on Wednesday, September 03, 2003 - 2:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Larry, I thought it was first made in '95. Why not post a pic of your bayliner pal!

By LARRY LAW (larry_lover) on Wednesday, September 03, 2003 - 2:36 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
If you knew anything about your boat the bottom was changed in 98 to your boat and the deck was changed in 99. Any more questions smart guy. Who told you about my bayliner.

By Tom Barnard (tlb) on Wednesday, September 03, 2003 - 2:48 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
You sure told me! whew!
BTW, nice to see your mommy turned off the caps lock key for you.

By Alan (tigeal) on Wednesday, September 03, 2003 - 3:27 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Larry's still with us?

By Blake (whirly) on Wednesday, September 03, 2003 - 9:12 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey Bill,

I actually talked to a pro directly and he had nothing but good things to say about the boat. and the wake... and he wasn't sponsored by mastercraft.

By Bill J (sdboardr99) on Thursday, September 04, 2003 - 1:56 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Blake, I'm not implying that all pros hate the wake (or love it). Larry said that "the pro riders are asking for it at every photo shoot" and I know for a fact that not every pro likes the wake. That makes complete sense because the pros have different preferences in wake shape and size just like the rest of us.

I've spent a few hours in the boat and have driven it and it's a very nice boat. Definitely a lot of good things about it. I wouldn't buy one because I think it's too expensive and there are much better values with other boats.

By Kevin Geary (wakescene) on Thursday, September 04, 2003 - 10:04 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
this is really funny...

From what I saw and have herd from ppl, the new X-Star's wake is very similar to the X10 and X30. Wide, rampy, and solid!

I spoke of this almost a year ago...no one listened then, so I don't really expect it now...

KG

By Tony Neal (aneal000) on Thursday, September 04, 2003 - 12:13 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
What do you guys think... My profile of Larry:

5'2" tall
115 pounds wet
Capable of W2W but only on smooth water
22 years old
works for a computer company
Short spikey dark hair
Has a high pitched voice when he speaks
Has 2 cats
Rides a Hydroslide Tantrum Wakeboard
Thinks he knows everything about everything, just ask him!

(Message edited by aneal000 on September 04, 2003)

By Bill J (sdboardr99) on Thursday, September 04, 2003 - 12:31 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Tony, if he worked for a computer company then he wouldn't have posted in ALL CAPS.

By Tony Neal (aneal000) on Thursday, September 04, 2003 - 1:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
yeah, good point. He must work for mastercraft then...

By Pierce Bronkite (pierce_bronkite) on Thursday, September 04, 2003 - 2:35 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Tony, HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!

By Tom Barnard (tlb) on Thursday, September 04, 2003 - 2:37 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Now THAT'S funny!
5'2" explains why he posts in all caps. Little mans syndrome.
I would bet he dresses in womens clothes also.

By Alan (tigeal) on Thursday, September 04, 2003 - 2:51 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
You guys are killing me!

By ryanm (itsinthahole) on Thursday, September 04, 2003 - 10:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
i got two cats...tony you bastard. i'm telling larry what you said

By Rio Morales (riothepimp) on Friday, September 05, 2003 - 8:44 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Reward for LARRY LAWs ip address or where abouts

The Boss

By Bill (skionone) on Saturday, September 06, 2003 - 10:55 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I think you are a little off on the age of 22. I'd say 19 and works in a pro shop somewhere.
By the way Tige rules

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com