one side, exahst elabow hotter than t... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » one side, exahst elabow hotter than the other side « Previous Next »
By Joel Reeves (joel) on Friday, August 29, 2003 - 9:38 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have been dealing with a heat problem on my boat. Now i notice that the elbow coming off the manifold on one side is hotter than the one on the other side. However the manifold themsilfs feel the same temp.. Just the elbow is hotter.. i plan to pull it off tomorrow for further inspection. Just wondering if anyone has plugged one of these elbows before??

By steve D. (mbsteve) on Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 5:34 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
i think that could be normal for a little difference

By trace (trace) on Sunday, August 31, 2003 - 7:22 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
do you ride in salt water?

By Chris Foye (wakejunky) on Sunday, August 31, 2003 - 8:36 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
When you pull of the riser make, check the gasket, the rear water hole should be plugged up by the gasket and the front one open. I asked the head guy at PCM why this was so and he said that if the rear water opening wasn't plugged there wouldn't be enough water going through the riser to cool it.
If you look at the water path through the riser you'll see what I mean and it totally makes sense. Since both ther exhaust and risers are symetrical it makes sense to have to block the rear holes via the gaskets.

Chris
No Slip Gator Grip
www.wakejunky.com

By Tommy (laptom) on Sunday, August 31, 2003 - 10:39 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Make sure that they are clear. We had the same problem last year and one exhaust didn't get much water through it. It seemed that the inside was all rusty. Clear them and protect them (inside & outside) and it should be fine.

By FL SurfLover (flsurflover) on Sunday, August 31, 2003 - 4:26 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Protect them how, with what?

By John Richard (jrichard) on Monday, September 01, 2003 - 6:54 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
RE: the plugged passage...I believe that's only PCM. Other brands are likely different.

By Tommy (laptom) on Monday, September 01, 2003 - 11:59 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
At the outside with paint (heat and petrol resist). For the inside you should clean them really good (shake them, hammer them, compressed air, compressed water) so that all lose rust and iron are gone. Then you can treat the inside with some goods (paint or anti rust). I don't know if we still have the stuff but I will take a look what it is precisely. Or ask you're boat dealer.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com