how to weight a 95 Sport Nautique? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » how to weight a 95 Sport Nautique? « Previous Next »
By Tony C. (switch22) on Friday, August 29, 2003 - 12:23 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hi!

I just bought a '95 Sport Nautique, and was wondering the best combinations of fatsacks (how big, total lbs, type of sack, etc) and where to arrange them in this boat for the best overall wake, in both shape and size.

Anyone out there have any tips, please?

Thanks!

By John Richard (jrichard) on Friday, August 29, 2003 - 2:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
That hull can throw one of the best wakes around...if you like steep. I used to weight mine as follows:

Full sack on each side of the engine (+/- 1000lbs)
Side sack between engine and rear seat (250lbs)
Lead/sand behind rear seat (200lbs)
Side sack in the ski locker (250 lbs)
Lead/sand under bow (150 lbs)

This will throw a nice, steep wake that is clean down to about 20.5 mph. If you want even bigger, put 200lbs more up front and 300-500 lbs more in the rear...it gets huge, but it is tough on beginners and your minimum speed goes up to about 21.5.

If I still had the boat, I'd experiment with a SL Lounge in place of the rear seat (1100 pounds?), a full sack up in the bow, and a couple of hundred pounds of lead here and there. That would open up some space in the boat.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com