boat all of a sudden says it has 8137... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » boat all of a sudden says it has 8137.6 hours « Previous Next »
By elliott (renegade) on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 7:27 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
went out riding today...towards the end of the day just took a little glimpse at the hours and it said some crazy number and I didn't believe it so I just forgot about it until we got back to the house. Cleaning the boat and then flushed it, while I was flushing it I checked it again and sure enough it was reading some crazy number. What happened and can I fix it or do I have to take it to my dreaded dealer?

By Zedz Dead (ktm250) on Friday, August 29, 2003 - 5:59 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
There are two seperate hour meters, the one you see in the tach face and a clock built into the ECM. You'll need what is called a "Tech1" to read the engine ECM to determine actual engine hours. As to the tach it sounds as if there is an issue with the MDC box...but to answer your question, yes you are headed to the dealer.

By B T Lowe (ofwc) on Friday, August 29, 2003 - 6:40 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
You may want to check the impeller as well.

They typically need service every 8,000 hours or so...

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

By elliott (renegade) on Friday, August 29, 2003 - 8:08 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I know if I bring it to the dealer they are gonna have the boat for a week and a half which right now I don't like the sound of that so would it be ok to have them fix it towards the end of the season(October) ?

By A. P. (bigdad) on Friday, August 29, 2003 - 8:20 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
give them a call and see what they say

By Zedz Dead (ktm250) on Friday, August 29, 2003 - 11:31 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Call them...that way if anything else goes wrong then they made the call not you. Honestly though you should be fine.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com