anybody know about moomba outback lsv? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » anybody know about moomba outback lsv? « Previous Next »
By darren vanoene (dvanoene) on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 2:19 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
anybody know what i should expect to pay for a new 2003.
Also is this a quality boat that is going to be reliable on the water for years to come?
And are there anyother boats that i should be considering in the same price range?

By NoneYa (noneya) on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 2:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I've had good luck with my Outback (non-LS) put 225 hrs on it over the last couple of years, just had an issue with a head, fixed under warranty no prob.

As for other boats, there are a lot of used boats in that price range but not many other new inboards

By darren vanoene (dvanoene) on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 2:27 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
i would like to get a v drive if possible under 30,000?
how does your boat ride in rough water?

By Geforce (grantmi1) on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 2:58 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The moombas ride great that is for sure.

By Bob (bob) on Friday, August 29, 2003 - 1:46 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
my buddy just sold his older outback because it didnt ride that well in rough water plus the wake was just not there, now this was probably a 96 or 97 model but i dont think the outback hull has changed that much. If your wakeboarding or riding in rough water get a V-drive for sure

By NoneYa (noneya) on Friday, August 29, 2003 - 6:53 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Mine has the older hull, I think they changed the Outback LS in 2001 and the regular outback in 2002, not real sure but I know my boat definetly has a different hull than the new ones. It doesnt ride that well in rough water but defiently better than the I/O I had b4, we only go out on a lake and I try not to be out in bad weather so I havent had any experience in sea swells or anything. While the V-drives do have a nicer seating arrangement I dont think it makes that much difference in the wake, especially if you are weighting them down.

By A. P. (bigdad) on Friday, August 29, 2003 - 8:18 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
To answer your question Darren the answer is yes. The Mobius LSV is an awesome boat for the price. But to get the most out of the boat you need to spend a little more than $30K. $30K is the base price and it will work as a good wakeboard boat. I highly recommend the wake plate. All V drives have a problem with porpoising. The Moomba LSV has a pretty bad problem. The wake plate allows you to totally eliminate that problem and you can control the shape of the wake if you wanted. (ramp to vert). You also want to think about adding a ballast system to get the maximum potential from the wake. There are a few other add ons you can contemplate but those are the two I would recommend. It will add about another $2,500 to the price.

I am very satisfied with my boat

By darren vanoene (dvanoene) on Friday, August 29, 2003 - 10:21 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
thanks ap

with the add ons you mentioned I am guessing around 32,500 msrp and an actual buying price of around 25,000?

By A. P. (bigdad) on Friday, August 29, 2003 - 10:28 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I seriously doubt you could get the boat for $25K. A good deal on any boat is 10% below MSRP. You may be able to squeeze a little more if you buy a 2003 at the end of the season. Don't let people on this board mislead you. You will always have someone tell you "I wouldn't pay more than X price for that boat fully loaded" when the price they suggest is impossible. The only people getting boats for ridiculously low prices are the ones who have some sort of connection with the dealer or manufactuer. 10% off MSRP is what you should shoot for. Any more is just icing on the cake.

Good luck

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com