Perfect Pass outa sink, HELP! Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » Perfect Pass outa sink, HELP! « Previous Next »
By MIKE O (batman) on Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 8:16 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I had some body work done on my boat and when it was returned the Perfect Pass is totally messed up. Will not do anything corrrect. All the settings have gone haywire. How do I reset?

By andrew zarlengo (colorider) on Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 8:26 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Pretty much impossible to help you without exact problems you are having. I would suggest going to their website and giving perfect pass the details, or looking at the owners manual. If you don't have one, you can view in on the website. They answer their emails promptly and will answer your questions. Your post here is like asking. "Why is water wet"

By MIKE O (batman) on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 12:07 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Well it seems there was a loose nut between the seat and steering wheel! No really, I reset the PP per the book instructions which got the display back to factory specks, but it seems that the servo motor had seized up, so it didn't work at all. I called the factory and they are covering under warranty and will have a new motor by next week, so in the mean time it's back to manual fluctuation, HA! Perfect Pass is the best thing to happen in boarding!

By Bob (bob) on Friday, August 29, 2003 - 1:21 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
except when its down or you ride with someone without PP, thens all you want to do is just cruise around and wait till its fixed or your buddy breaks down and buys one

By Jib Bowe (gitair77) on Friday, August 29, 2003 - 4:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I had the same problem and here is what they said to do and it works. Turn on the key and within 3 seconds press the mode key and the on key at the same time and release, the ssystem will reset. Yhis worked for me. Hope you have luck. Nothing worse after your spoiled by PP.

By Utah Rob (robandrus) on Tuesday, September 02, 2003 - 12:15 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yep, mine went down on saturday and I didn't know it till it was too late, I never realized how spoiled I've become since I started using it.

Anyway on mine it is not getting a signal from the paddle wheel, It has been pretty muddy where I ride, I wonder if this might affect it. Anyone else had the paddle wheel go out?

By Mike Usner (musner) on Tuesday, September 02, 2003 - 8:43 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Mine went out this weekend. Funny, because when I spun the paddle wheel by hand, it registered; when I drove the boat, I got erratic readings or nothing at all. After 30 minutes, it started working. The next afternoon, it went out again. I changed the paddlewheel thinking there was something wrong with it. We'll see next weekend if I was right. Anybody else have this problem?

By Utah Rob (robandrus) on Wednesday, September 03, 2003 - 8:38 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
How did you change the paddle wheel?

Did you have to replace the whole unit or just the impeller? Do you have to remove it from the boat or can you do it from under the boat? Thanks

By Mike Usner (musner) on Wednesday, September 03, 2003 - 5:01 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
You have to pull the entire paddle wheel assembly out; just like if you were going to replace it with the plug.
Then, you simply drive out the small pin with the replacement one and the wheel comes right out. The pin is not affixed in any way, so it comes out pretty easily.
Put the new wheel in (making sure the direction is right) and replace the pin.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com