'98 Mastercraft prostar 205 Fuel Send... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » '98 Mastercraft prostar 205 Fuel Sending Unit « Previous Next »
By riley brown (rileyb76) on Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 5:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Do you guys know where I can get the cheapest fuel sending unit for a '98 MC prostar 205?
My gauge stopped working, I talked to the dealer and they wanted like $95 for the part and THEY wanted to put it in of course, so they could calibrate it correctly.

Is it that hard to calibrate one?
And let me know some cheap parts places!
Thanks for your time!!

By Powell (frontsideshiftd) on Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 6:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I bought one for my '94 PS 205. It cost my around $100 from the dealer, only place that sells them. I bought mine from a dealer in another state because my local dealer wouldn't sell it to me without installing it. My gauge didn't need any calibration.


By Chaun Keating (big_poppa_pump) on Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 10:57 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post

I replaced the one from my 1999 X-Star (205V) about a year ago.

It was not the standard "float" type and was a little difficult to track down. I finally ordered it direct from the manufacturer, Centroid Products.

The manufacturer and part number were labeled right on the top of the sending unit. I just gave them the part number and they were able to send it to me. Had the right wiring harness, gasket, and was fairly easy to replace.

The part number for my 99 is CGF-8.25-12V-CPMDC-EDF-MP3, 5 hole Moeller 395061.

I think the 395061 was all they were really interested.

It cost me $55.11 + $7.00 shipping.

Their web site is www.centroidproducts.com or you can call them at 386-423-3574. They are located in Edgewater, FL.

Hope this helps. Not much of a break from the $95 you were quoted but its a tank of gas or beer money.

By gid (whazzup) on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 8:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Calibrating the unit is real simple. All you do is fill up your tank til its full and turn the little flat head screw on top of the sending unit until your gauge reads full. I guess you could do it empty too.
By riley brown (rileyb76) on Sunday, August 31, 2003 - 12:22 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Sounds great guys! Thanks for the great info!!


Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.