impeller leaking case loss in rpms??? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » impeller leaking case loss in rpms??? « Previous Next »
By elliott (renegade) on Tuesday, August 26, 2003 - 4:46 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I just replaced my impeller and I took it out the next day. about halfway through the day the rpms would slowly drop, like i would have the throttle in place and they would just slowly decline, when I got home to flush the engine I noticed the rubber seal was leaking, I was wondering if this could cause the drop in rpms

By Rod McInnis (rodmcinnis) on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 9:34 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
A little water leaking out would not cause such a problem. Air leaking IN might, but it would have to be a pretty big leak.

Give us a little more information to go on here:

Was replacing the impeller a preventative thing, or had the old one failed?

Can you tell if the engine is overheating?

Would you recognize the signs of an overheated engine, without looking at the gauge?

How far did the RPMs drop, and did they ever come back?

Does the boat sound the way it used to? Any increase in exhaust noise?

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com