Coverless Sacs, Experience/Reviews? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » Coverless Sacs, Experience/Reviews? « Previous Next »
By Tom Adrian (tommyadrian5) on Tuesday, August 26, 2003 - 12:13 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm sick of my covered fat sacs and want to get some coverless sacs. What experiences have you had with these sacs in terms of durability and ease of use. So far i'm looking at the launch pad, fat sac, and gethighsports models. Thanks all

By mark johnson (mmj420) on Tuesday, August 26, 2003 - 12:36 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
we carry skylon fat buddies and fatboys and have
never had negative feedback, the material is a little thicker on the "hd" (coverless) ...
makes a much cleaner looking boat interior and less hassle when filling ...
also , get the big daddy pump (2000gph)
it sucks sooooo hard

By james mccallum (jmccallum) on Tuesday, August 26, 2003 - 1:08 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
www.letsgoride.com

Better sac, uses "Zodiac" materials ... nothing makes a hole in it.

... and its cheaper!!!!

By Rod McInnis (rodmcinnis) on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 9:28 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have a GetHighSports model sack, and it has done just fine for us. We used to use it regulary with the previous boat but for the last year has been mostly in storage, although it occasionally gets loaned out to friends. We never let anybody sit/stand/crawl over it and made sure that it didn't get poked by anything on the boat.

By dane (greatdane) on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 9:31 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have been using one of these BG Wake Enhancer bladders in my BOW for years. It is a great bag. And, it can get HUGE.

http://bartswatersport.com/bgwakeenhancer.html

Bladder only is one $70!

By Jonathan French (rock_n_boardin) on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 9:44 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I will put in a plug for the letsgoride sacs. We have three of them and they work great, very tough and a good price. But they take about 10 days to ship, that is my only gripe.

By Kung Fu Wake (dcervenka) on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 9:49 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Launch Pad 600 lbs, got rid of the covers. No problems so far (over 20+ uses) Just make sure there is nothing sharp around....

Also have a Lets Go Ride Sack and it's pretty nice because it's made out of thicker material. The only problems with the LGR's is that they are not a true cylindrical shape (like most sacks). Imagine a sandwich bag filled with water. Best part about the LGR, you can select the # of openings, size (3/4 or 1") and their locations.

By james mccallum (jmccallum) on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 10:14 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
LGR!!!! in my books

We LET people sit/stand/crawl over it!
We LET people poke them!
We pile stuff on top of including wakeboards with sharp fins!
Non-round shape is better in a boat. Doesn't roll so much!

only $69

I agree with the 10 days ... except you should have already put it on order 10 days ago...

PS I sold my Launch Pad and replaced it with a LGR

By james mccallum (jmccallum) on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 10:20 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
see

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 10:43 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
james,
i need your opinion on this:
i am looking into putting the lgr 350's in the rear but the only have one hole on the top. i am worried about air being introduced from the simer when fillilng.

By james mccallum (jmccallum) on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 10:46 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Don't worry!!!

When I had my Simer running the ski locker sac I had the same worry. The amount of air that got in was nothing.

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 10:48 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
even from about 5-6 feet of hose before it?

By james mccallum (jmccallum) on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 12:09 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I switched my Simer to run a V-Dirve 350 right in front of the engine box (stern drive boat). The Simer is just ahead of the drivers feet. Thru hull to simer is about 4 feet and there is about 10 feet to the V-Drive 350. I ran the hose to under the right engine seat beaside the battery. I lift up the seat and connect the 350 (it has a 3 foot hose on it). I put a valve right the main line where the 350 connects so when the 350 is remove the water stays in the hose and doesn't spill also reduces amount of air that gets in. But the little bit of air in there is not an issue anyway.

I'll try to take a picture this weekend.

cheers,

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 12:29 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
what do you think about the 6 feet of air in the hose in my system though. seeems like quite a bit.

By james mccallum (jmccallum) on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 12:37 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
IF and ONLY IF the six feet of 3/4 hose was 100% air then you'd lose about 3 lbs or less than 1%

By Shawn (csquared) on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 12:42 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Dane,

How many fittings do the BG wake enhancer sacs have and where are they? good price for a 600lb sac

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 12:48 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
the bg has 2 and they are all over on ebay right now.

By Geforce (grantmi1) on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 1:42 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
What about waterbed matresses? for now I am thinking about that as temporary till next summer then I will order a lgr with 3 hookups.

By Kevin Keller (ctrider) on Friday, August 29, 2003 - 5:57 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
James, What bag is that in the picture? Is it a stock bag or a custom?

By james mccallum (jmccallum) on Friday, August 29, 2003 - 6:22 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Stock LetsGoRide.com V-Drive 350

The grom was custom made using an old and painfull process...

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Friday, August 29, 2003 - 6:23 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
their sac material is orange now and has that hard plastic bulkhead fitting stock now.

By james mccallum (jmccallum) on Friday, August 29, 2003 - 6:27 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ty,

Does Pete put the LGR logo on the sacs now? I always told him he should promote his great product more.

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Friday, August 29, 2003 - 6:30 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
no, still does not. i agree he should

By Wes (wes_the_gimp) on Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 8:44 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Tom great personal quote!lol!
tyb@flexalt.com
Talk to Ty.
He custom made my locker sac to my specs.
Also made some heavy duty bags for the 400 lbs. of lead bullets we use in front.

By Jonathan French (rock_n_boardin) on Friday, September 05, 2003 - 1:46 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I got some "LGRs" a few weeks back and they did have logos on them.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com