Used SAN or NEW Mobious LSV? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » Used SAN or NEW Mobious LSV? « Previous Next »
By Luis (nooner) on Monday, August 25, 2003 - 7:46 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
if you had a choice from a 2000 SAN or a brand new Mobious LSV? Which would you get? Both costing about the same amount of cash.

By Jeff (socalwakepunk) on Monday, August 25, 2003 - 8:01 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
SAN

By Jon Allen (jon_a) on Monday, August 25, 2003 - 8:36 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I would go for the Mobius LSV. I have driven the '04s and they are great boats. Plus you would be buying a new boat, with new warranty, no hours, and just the feeling of being the original owner. You might even want to look into a Mobius XLV, its a big boat but it has the biggest wake I'ev ever seen unweighted on any boat.

By wake_fun (wake_fun) on Tuesday, August 26, 2003 - 1:03 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
SAN

By Andre the Giant (paulsmith) on Tuesday, August 26, 2003 - 1:19 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
SAN

By Christian DeGraaf (degraafics) on Tuesday, August 26, 2003 - 1:39 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Depends which wake you like better. I own a 03 Mob LSV and I love it, but my next boat will be a SAN, because I love the peaky wake it puts out.
My Mob is a great boat though and for the money can't be beat. I couldn't find a SAN in my price range when I bought mine. they were at least another $10,000 + or more than what I paid.
They're both really great boats. I don't think Mob's compare in overall quality though. Go test drive them and compare both. I love my mobius but I love Nautis too.

By Grant (whitechocolate) on Tuesday, August 26, 2003 - 1:50 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
SAN

By Tom Barnard (tlb) on Tuesday, August 26, 2003 - 2:13 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
SAN is the wise choice. The SAN has already depreciated in value so it will be worth about what you paid for it in a few years.
The Mob will depreciate as soon as you drive off with it. You will spend less in the long run with the SAN.

By Thane Dogg (thane_dogg) on Tuesday, August 26, 2003 - 2:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
SAN

here's why: boats take the biggest hit in depreciation within the first year or two. The SAN will also hold it's value better.

By Blabelmooch (blabel) on Tuesday, August 26, 2003 - 2:55 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
SAN

Resale and reliability.

By Steven E. Cowen (stormrider) on Tuesday, August 26, 2003 - 5:54 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm staying out of this one.

By Mike Buckingham (sdrider) on Tuesday, August 26, 2003 - 6:01 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Steve, did you get your prop from the boat house Friday?

By Steven E. Cowen (stormrider) on Tuesday, August 26, 2003 - 6:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ahhhhhh . . . I'll have to get it when I get back from Italy. I actually found a wakeboard club in Italy near where I'm staying. Bringing my bindings. Should be interesting.

By Luis (nooner) on Tuesday, August 26, 2003 - 7:06 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
thanks for all the replies! you bring up a great point about the resale an depreciation. I did not even think about that.

By A. P. (bigdad) on Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 1:11 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jon-
Whats a Mobius XLV?

(Message edited by bigdad on August 27, 2003)

By Jon Allen (jon_a) on Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 11:56 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
A.P.,
The Mobius XLV is Moomba's new 23 foot boat. It is replacing the Mobius V. It is featured on the front page of this site.

By David (tparider) on Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 1:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The only problem I have with the used SAN is that you can't get the financing options that are available when buying a new boat. You can be out the door in a v-drive Mobius loaded up for $35k, and have you payments right at $300 a month or so. If you buy a used SAN, you may pay the same amount of money for the purchase price, but you will also have a higher interest rate on a used boat, plus they won't finance them as long, so your payments are going to be higher (at least this is what the lenders I've spoken to have told me). Kind of a catch-22.

By Tom Adrian (tommyadrian5) on Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 1:48 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
yea but on a new mobius-v you are going to carry negative equity for a while(you will owe more than the value of the boat) whereas on a used SAN you will be right in line with the loan obligation, something to consider if you were ever to upgrade.

By wake_fun (wake_fun) on Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 2:35 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hmmmmmmmmm let's see.
What David is talking about is the following:

$35,000 @6.24% for 15 years = $300 a month.
Total payments = $54,000
Total interest = $19,000

Here is what I did:
$25,000 @8.5% for 10 years = $309 a month.
Total payments = $37,195
Total interest = $12,195

There are many factors though. You can pay more per month (like I do) to shorten the term and not pay as much in the end. If you stuck to these two loan terms you would be paying 5 more years more than I am. I'm just as happy on the water with a killer boat and an AWESOME wake. Yeah it's not NEW, but the family is having a blast all the same and the CC is a bad azz boat!

Oh yeah, if I paid myself my same monthly payment for those 5 extra years that someone is paying on their 15 year loan I will have saved $18,540 in cash + the sell of my boat to put down on a new boat

Bottom line. There are many different ways to do it, just research it and go for it. No matter what you choose you are going to have fun!

By Jon Allen (jon_a) on Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 6:32 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
All this stuff about Moombas and Supras losing value so quickly is a very bad rumor. Go check the numbers to back this up. Just email all of the boat manufacturers and see what they say.

By Luis (nooner) on Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 6:36 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey Wake_fun

Did you add your own hidden ballast to the super sport? Or did you just throw in Fat Sacs? I was also considering a supersport.. since its the same as the SAN but I wanted the SAN because of the built in Ballast tanks. I hate having sacs all over the floor...

And everyone else thanks for all the replies.. even though it seems like its going 50/50 I do appreciate the different points of view.

By wake_fun (wake_fun) on Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 7:39 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Luis,
I just got the boat in April so I haven't made a ballast system yet. I have bought two rear v-drive sacs that weigh 350lbs each and they sit on either side of the engine. I also bought a 600lb locker sac to go into the ski locker. So there is 1300lbs all hidden for you. If I make a ballast system I will just use these sacs. With the rear ones full I can still put life jackets and wet suits and whatever else on top of them. Ropes, handles, sac pumps, dock buddies, fenders, and all that stuff, fit under all the arena seating that the v-drive offers. Under the open bow area I keep some orange vests and a paddle. Under the observers seat I keep the towels and food. I don't know why people bag on storage of a CC, because I can fit a sh*t load of stuff all over my boat.

By wake_fun (wake_fun) on Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 7:42 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Last Saturday I threw a buddies 500lb sac across my open bow along with all my sacs for a total of 1800 lbs. All I can say is you better be ready.............

By wake_fun (wake_fun) on Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 7:51 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Luis,
If your price range is $35K you are way above what mine was. You can definitely get something good. Check this out http://www.flipsell.com/Phase3/home/DispVehicle.asp?VehicleID=4979

By Steven E. Cowen (stormrider) on Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 8:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
As most of you know, there is no love lost between me and Moomba. I own an 02 Mobius LSV with 180 hours on the motor and the boat is for sale.

It won't sell for that much less than what I bought it for-- then again I did get a good deal. Also, Moomba is sorta like the cheapest house in an expensive neighborhood and being at the bottom of the price chart doesn't hurt in this type of market. It's sorta like, if you want a wakeboard boat, this is where it starts.

By Blabelmooch (blabel) on Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 8:10 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
If you haven't already, try to demo each boat, preferably from an owner (They should have the wake dialed and the boat will be used) and see which one you like. It's really hard to go off of what other people say on the net. The final decision should be your gut feel after you have been in both boats.

By John R (zigzagsd) on Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 8:20 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
brian, you wanna go out in the AM? i sent you an email.

luis, i just bought a used SAN - a 2002 and i love it. look around - there are good deals around, especially this time of year.

By Blabelmooch (blabel) on Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 8:37 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
John check your mail.

By Luis (nooner) on Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 9:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks for all the info. Definetly helped out alot..thanks everyone...Peace!

By Danny Smylie (smylie) on Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 9:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
How bout u just pay in cash. Or put down a good downpayment like 15 thousand plus

By darren vanoene (dvanoene) on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 1:30 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
i was wondering if anybody could teel me about the moomba outback lsv. what is reasonable price that i should expect to pay for one. also is there anything that i should know before i purchase one.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com