boat graphics and resale Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » boat graphics and resale « Previous Next »
By mark johnson (mmj420) on Sunday, August 24, 2003 - 3:21 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Isn't anybody worried that crazy graphics or colors or scheme is going to kill your resale ...not just the budweiser fiasco...i saw a laffy taffy green colored tige, then a barney purple x 30 ....flames, checkerboard, on and on...it is going to a fad that will die and then nobody will want them

how about light grey hull, blue stripe and white vinyl.....everyone will still know you are a pimp!

By John (hyperryd) on Sunday, August 24, 2003 - 3:33 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
First of all some of us would rather show our style without having to open our mouths and let out all of the garbage that seems to explode out of yours. The best part about vinyl graphics is that you can peel it off and change to another graphic that will piss off somebody else. If you want to run around in a plain white wrapper that is your choice and most people wouldn't say one thing negative, unless there is another one of you out there that has to bag on other people's ideas, when he probably doesn't own one that is even close. Pimp or punk you decide.

By mark johnson (mmj420) on Sunday, August 24, 2003 - 3:55 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
john,
i have a 1991 prostar 190, it sits on a boat lift three months out of the year and gets a few hours of recreational use by my parents and neighbors as i do not live in wi. anymore. I moved to California a few years ago and one of the biggest benefits was all the great wakeboard boats around. my boat will not even plane when weighted with more than three fat sacs and some people. the reason is because it was designed for slalom skiing and 3 event type activity. we ran for a year with only a little weight and a tiny pinner wake , then i moved here. Now I have a friend with a super air and a friend with an x star , both boats run no less than 2000 pounds of weight , the wakes are dialed in and huge ...but most importantly the wakes are the right shape and very firm at the peak. up until recently I was employed as a sales person for a store that dealt with mb sports, i have spent countless hours trying to get some sort of wake out of the newest gen b-52 and the previous as well
both hulls produce a wake that is suitable for slalom skiing even after you fill the ballast tanks .....that is my problem with the boat wake
if you are going to market a boat as a wake boat (which the b 52 is ) it really should have a wake ...

as far as being pissed off, i am not

that was good thinking doing vinyl ....you can switch teams midseason if you are not doing so well in the points
keep smokin cigs and drinkin beer
please do not power turn when your rider falls and please no tubing on the flat water when people are trying to ride well

also, i am way more punk than pimp

stock stereos rule!

By sean tribe (tribal) on Monday, August 25, 2003 - 10:36 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
What you been smoking?

By Thane Dogg (thane_dogg) on Monday, August 25, 2003 - 12:52 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Mark - in your profile, the listing for your "boat" is bitin' on someone else's ingenuity.

By mark johnson (mmj420) on Monday, August 25, 2003 - 7:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
thane,

huh?

bitin' ingenuity...
not kidding, i really don't know what you mean

sean,

indo...that is the only way to go

By S Dub (sdub) on Tuesday, August 26, 2003 - 1:30 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post

yeah what you smoking. bottom line is, there is something for every taste.

By Jonathan French (rock_n_boardin) on Tuesday, August 26, 2003 - 3:27 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Mark, I think what Thane is saying is you stole his tag line for Boat on your profile, from his profile. Thane has had that one on his profile for over a year, and he is known as one if not the number one wake whore on Wake World.

Boat: Your's

(Message edited by rock_n_boardin on August 26, 2003)

By Sean Jackson (priapism) on Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 1:30 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
OK, I must be missing something here. Do Mark and John have a past history of friction? Mark seemed to be asking straight up questions about current color/graphic trends on new boats (although I don't get the Budweiser fiasco thing).

I like some of the new stuff and I like all white. Right now I would be stoked with having a boat, period. When I do get my new boat I will probably take resale value of a bright color, etc. into consideration (when making that kind of investment one should), but I am still going to get what I want.

By Tracie (mb_girl) on Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 2:01 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Here's the link to the "Budweiser fiasco":

http://forums.wakeboarder.com/viewtopic.php?t=12658

By Jonathan French (rock_n_boardin) on Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 2:49 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Resale, let's say you pick the worse color. Maybe my boat qualifies.

"i saw a laffy taffy green colored tige",

if mine does, why do I get people all the time complimenting me on it? Bottom line is there are always people looking for something different and if it was affected, how much could it be? A thousand, maybe two thousand, so what, then again if 10 people are selling white boats with navy pin stripes and mine is the only different one, maybe I can sell it for a premium LOL.

But for me the bottom line is I didn't buy my boat for an investment. Who does? If that is the first thing you would consider when you buy a boat, then you are making a mistake, for the obvious reason that boats are a depreciating asset regardless of color or graphics, so get what you want and watch your money burn!!!

By mark johnson (mmj420) on Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 4:49 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
jonathan:
i appreciate your comments. i have never looked at anyone's profile (up until now) ....i apologize for "biting" sean's boat tag line....i did not know that i should check everyone's stuff ...the reason i put "your boat" in the profile is cause my boat is not that good for wakeboarding ......as far as your logic for colors and such, that is the best rational i've heard.....boats are definitely not an investment ...but i came from car business background and can't help but think about "exit strategy" ...

p.s. how is the wake behind your boat.....i have not ever even been in one and am genuinely curious

By Thane Dogg (thane_dogg) on Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 8:42 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm ahead of the game. Changed my boat listing.

John - your boat is an awesome color.

I've always been a fan of laffy taffy green.

By sean tribe (tribal) on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 8:22 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Which do you think looks better?
before

after

By Sean Jackson (priapism) on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 11:22 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Now I'm up to speed. Thanks for the link Tracie. I don't surf wakeboarder.com too often (I have nothing against it, just don't) so I obviously did not catch it. That is a really cool looking boat. Props! I still don't understand why John was soo harsh. Sorry I must be lame.

By Sean Jackson (priapism) on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 11:32 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
It has been confirmed, I am lame. It's clear as mud now.

Thane, I put "your's" as my boat listing as well. I can assure you that I didn't know that anyone else had that in their profile. I guess some of us think alike. Sorry.

By John (hyperryd) on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 11:39 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Sean if you go to the discussion forrum on this board you will see a thread called Boardwieser B-52. Read Marc's responces and you will see why at the time I was a little tweaked. I am cool now. Sorry to anyone I upset. (Except MJ).

By Jonathan French (rock_n_boardin) on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 11:53 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey this thread made a nice turn. No hard feelings all around, very cool.

Mark, you should ask Thane for an unbiased opinion on the 2003 22I wake. We ran 1400 pounds with 4 people last weekend. Thane, being "The Mooch" LOL, not to mention a really cool guy and with a girlfriend who rips, well anyway, because of his mooching experience with many boats, he can give you a pretty good opinion on what he thought of our wake as compared to others he has been on.

From the way his girlfriend and himself were charging it, I have a feeling they were impressed!
We had them up doubles and she was throwing backrolls right at him! Sick.....

(Message edited by rock_n_boardin on August 28, 2003)

By Jonathan French (rock_n_boardin) on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 11:58 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Oh and ask him about the double up I pulled her "Erica" into. I swear she was 12 to 15 feet in the air from the bottom of her board, she even threw in a stylish grab before ejecting, it was the highest I have ever seen anybody before. We have it on video, I will post ASAP.

By mark johnson (mmj420) on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 6:12 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
i don't know hpw to ask thane, anyway he can post his opinions on the wake right here ....i too am a "boat slut" and get to try out a lot of different set-ups....but not yet a tige......

By Sean Jackson (priapism) on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 8:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
How slow am I? I just saw the post "boardwiser B-52." It was in the wakeboarding discussion (not boats and boat accessories). I'm surprised I haven't been cussed out yet. Thanks for your patience, I'll be changing my username to retard.

By Thane Dogg (thane_dogg) on Friday, August 29, 2003 - 9:35 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jon's wake is very nice. Nice smooth transition and firm all the way up. Thick lip and not a very deep trough, and big too. The only complaint I had was that it was a little too wide for my liking, but I think that could be fixed by going a tad faster.

By mark johnson (mmj420) on Friday, August 29, 2003 - 11:13 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
thanks thane ...good info

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com