2002 SAN TE Bilge Pump Question Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » 2002 SAN TE Bilge Pump Question « Previous Next »
By Alex Kinon (nj_alex) on Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 8:52 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
There's water in the bottom of my 2002 Super Air Team Edition, and it looks like there's enough to pump out. But when I hit the bilge button, the pump goes on for only a couple seconds then shuts off. Any one know what's going on here? I'm ready to buy a wet/dry shop vac just to get the water out of there.

By John Sorensen (johns) on Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 8:59 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
There are two bilge pumps(one in front and one in back. I have noticed that there has to be quite a bit of water in the bilge area for them to pump any water out. I belive this is becasue the bilge pick-up(bottom portion) have to be covered to start priming the pumps. I usually turn on the pumps while taking off and notice the rear pump will get most of the water out. Of course at the end of trip at the lake I also pull the plug with the boat on a shallow incline to drain any remaining water in the bilge area.

By Alex Kinon (nj_alex) on Wednesday, September 03, 2003 - 7:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I ended-up buying a shop vac at Sears and I just vacuumed all the water out of the bottom of my boat.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com