X-10 weighting Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » X-10 weighting « Previous Next »
By William (sonicr1) on Saturday, August 16, 2003 - 4:29 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
This is a question mainly for those who are familiar with the X-10... since it is senistive to weighting. I have been wanting to add more ballast to the boat, but I am affriad, since once you add weight to the rear, it gets bouncy after 35mph or so. I figured putting the fixed weight (lead/sand or something similer as apposed to water) up front would be ok, but I am worried that it still might get bouncy because of the hull design.

By Ben Dover (markster) on Saturday, August 16, 2003 - 6:42 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
weve been loading our 02 with about 300 lbs up front. and about 700lbs or so distributed evenly in the main cabin. Then filling the normal tanks. The wake has been sick at 22mph. However you have to make sure to weight it evenly or else it will wash out easily or bubble over instead of curl over.

By William (sonicr1) on Sunday, August 17, 2003 - 4:13 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
how is it when driving around... above 30+ mph??? Does it bounce???

By Justin Rudd (jrudd) on Sunday, August 17, 2003 - 4:23 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
William...I don't know of any wakeboard boats that don't bounce above 30 when weighted down. We have an X-30 that will get a max of 2200lbs, but we always completely empty it when we want to cruise. There is only like a 150lbs of lead in the bow.

By Tom V (x10) on Sunday, August 17, 2003 - 9:33 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
We put a 550lb fat sack in the bow walk through area and it firms up the wake and makes it perfect. It also allows for easy use of the bow seats, etc. and leaves plenty of room. We dump the KGB ballast system to cruise and leave the sack full. I think it might even ride better this way.

By Paul Brothers (phat_in_cincy) on Monday, August 25, 2003 - 10:00 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I used to do what Tom V stated until last week. Then I put 2 side sacks up in front. 1 under each bow seat. This allowed me to move the weight a little further forward and to free up walkway space for bow filler cushion. The rest was KGB system full. Wake was nice.

By Bruce Thomas (sprucie) on Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 8:30 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
William we use sidesacs up front under each seat the standard center sack and fatsacs in place of the hard tanks on each side in the rear. We do bounce above thirty but the wake is fantastic. The fuel burn hard increased accordingly though. If we are going any long distances we dump the sacs and no bouncing with better fuel burn.

good luck

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com