2004 Moomba Mobius XLV Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » 2004 Moomba Mobius XLV « Previous Next »
By Jason (scarabii) on Friday, August 15, 2003 - 4:46 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Here are some pics of the boat!! Its pretty sweet.. 23ft long, 98" beam, 16 person capacity, 4200lbs w/o trailer, 5100 w/trailer!! The wake is huge, rides smooth, drives like a regular 19ft ski boat!!! The best 23 footer for the value well equiped for under????????? Call the local dealer!!

By Shane Cruz (boozcruz33) on Friday, August 15, 2003 - 7:10 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Any better wake pics?

Did they put this tower on the direct drive Mobius and the Mob V?

By Brett Davis (bdavis) on Friday, August 15, 2003 - 7:19 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
hate the tower

By Jon Allen (jon_a) on Friday, August 15, 2003 - 8:43 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
There aren't too many wake pics circulating out there. Its the biggest I have ever seen though. They still have the normal rad-a-cage for the Mobius and there is no Mob-V anymore. And that new tower is awesome. I guess you just have to see it.

By Geforce (grantmi1) on Friday, August 15, 2003 - 11:50 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Nice I want that one I like their pricing! I have mobius 2003

By Marty McFly (mcfly) on Saturday, August 16, 2003 - 7:39 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
The XLV took the place of the Mobius V. The new tower is only found on the XLV in the Moomba line.

McFly

By Mike M. (tjhooker) on Saturday, August 16, 2003 - 10:21 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
is that the Lochness Monster in one of those photos?

By Cliff Griffin (seattle) on Monday, August 18, 2003 - 6:47 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
McFly,

have you ridden behind one yet? From what I've heard, you and I tend to weight our boats in a similar fashion (HEAVY). This is the first I've heard of this model, and I've been feeling a little itch for a new boat lately.

By Marty McFly (mcfly) on Monday, August 18, 2003 - 9:02 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I was not behind the boat when the gravity bags were full..however, I did see the wake and talked to some people with respectable opinions of it and they were very happy with the wake. I did load up the stock ballast and drive the boat that way and liked what I saw, but I did not get in the boat when the larger ballast was in.

I should have one at the end of September. I am going to do a "Ride the Wake" day as soon as I get it put together and let anyone who wants to ride the wake and make their own opinions.

McFly

By Marc Savatsky (yeaitsmemarc) on Tuesday, September 02, 2003 - 10:25 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Sweet boat.. Whats the sticker price on the 2004 XLV run? I have a supra SSV and was just curious..
-Marc

By Joe (joe_788) on Tuesday, September 02, 2003 - 10:40 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I noticed the tower looked a little low in the other threads about the boat. Now that I see the boat with people standing in it, it looks REALLY low! The tower on a new X10 is about 2 feet taller than that.

Very cool boat though. What kind of $$$ out the door for one of those monsters?

By matt (supraman) on Tuesday, September 02, 2003 - 12:11 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I rode this boat last week with Matt Brown from skiers choice. As best I recall, the three main options are:

Approx. 37,900 = bare bones, one ballast bag
Approx. 39,900 = complete three ballast system, one engine upgrade.
Approx. 41,900 = gravity games edition (more or less)

I think I'm one of the few people on this board that has spent time on an '04 X-Star and an '04 XLV. These boats are VERY similar in terms of storage capacity. I think that people really are going to be impressed with the interior design on either. It is incredible to spend a day on the lake with so much room and stil be able to get a pro class wake out such a monster boat.

As a side note on size, I find it amazing that the X-star is sluggish with a 350 hp engine and that the XLV is so nimble with a 320 hp engine. To get the same performance out of the X-star you'd need a 375 hp engine or greater (which means big bucks).

The tower seemed standard height to me, though we did have the speakers above the tower, instead of below. I know some people have reacted negatively to the tower, but I really liked it.

I might be kicking myself a bit if I just bought an SSV. The XLV really is amazing. There is nothing else in the Moomba lineup I'd consider over an SSV, but this is the real deal. This is a brand new hull and boat design specifically for wakeboarders. The boat was meant to prove to the world that Moomba can build a boat with a pro quality wake. I think they've succeeded, but I'd encourage you to ride and judge for yourself. When judged on it's size and wake alone, this boat is a serioust contender. This boat is flat out amazing regardless of price.

When you factor in that this boat is $20,000 less than an X-Star (and that's based on selling price, not sky high MSRPs), this thing is going to blow some people away

OVERALL MESSAGE OF LONG THREAD: IF YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT BUYING AN '04 WAKEBOARDING BOAT, YOU OWE IT TO YOURSELF TO CONSIDER THE XLV

By Joe (joe_788) on Tuesday, September 02, 2003 - 2:34 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
So around 42K out the door for the complete Gravity Games edition? What does that include other than the bigger Gravity Games ballast? (How much water weight is that G.G. ballast anyways?).

I saw the wake in one of the other XLV threads, and it looks awesome.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com