So Cal Dealer customer service? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » So Cal Dealer customer service? « Previous Next »
By Kirk Waymire (kitriathlon) on Friday, August 15, 2003 - 10:48 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I would like to hear from any of you out there in regard to customer service at boat dealers.

More specific I am test driving Correct craft,Malibu, Tige, MasterCraft, and Supra. I would like some feedback from all of you in So Cal that have had any experience with the dealers here. This will help me make a better decision on my purchase.

Thanks to all of you for the help you have provided already. It has kept me from rushing into a decision.

By Jonathan French (rock_n_boardin) on Friday, August 15, 2003 - 10:58 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Tige' Watersports in Corona is top notch, talk to Greg their service manager. They can get busy at times, but customer service is top notch. They will go out of their way to make you happy. THey have for me many times. Check them out!

By Sean Jackson (priapism) on Friday, August 15, 2003 - 11:10 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have heard nothing but good things about Corona Tige's and California Correct Craft's (Riverside) service, and nothing but bad about Malibu's (Paradise Marine) service. I have heard mixed reviews about the Corona Supra dealer's service, but I have never heard anything about the local Mastercraft dealer. I hope that helps you a little. Most of my info came from friends that have dealt with some of these service departments and some of my info has come from prior posts on WW.

By Bill J (sdboardr99) on Friday, August 15, 2003 - 11:59 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I agree about Tige Watersports. In fact, I bought my boat (a Tige 20v) from them after getting only positive feedback from other Tige owners. As an example, when you make an appointment for service they always try to have the boat done the same day. I have friends that have had their boat in the shop for a week or even two for a 100 hour service!

One indication of the level of service you will get is the turn over, or lack of turn over, at the dealer. The people at the Tige dealership from sales to service have all been there for a long time. They are the largest Tige dealership in the world so they have plenty of clout with the factory and plenty of experience.

By Duran (d_rock) on Friday, August 15, 2003 - 6:45 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Calif Correct Craft is the place to buy a Nautique in So. Cal - overall awesome experience

By ChadB (wantboatnow) on Saturday, August 16, 2003 - 8:31 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Tilly's Marine (Malibu)in Ventura is great. They are all about taking care of their customers. Not sure where you live, but it may be worth the drive there. There are a lot of people on here that deal with Tilly's and will say the same things.

By Bruce Batcheller (bjbatch) on Monday, August 18, 2003 - 11:07 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I think we are pretty fortunate here with great dealers. You are testing all the same boats and dealerships I did. I have heard great things about Tige', Correct Craft, and Mastercraft. I have heard from several people that the Malibu dealer really struggles on the service end. I can speak directly for Island Marine regarding Supras. They have been phenomenal to me, and I know would do anything to keep me on the water. They are a smaller dealership, but very dedicated to their customers.

By Mike (k2rider) on Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 1:13 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have a Malibu and can pretty much back up what most people are saying. Part of the problem is they sell so many boats. My guess is that Paradise sells more boats than any of the other dealers listed. It still doesn't make me any happier when I call for service on July 29th and I can't get in until August 26th!!!

I just got a letter last week from Paradise letting me know that they are building a new facility in Murrietta. I **assume** it will be bigger and better run but who knows?

I have a friend that has a Tige and he loves the service he gets in Corona.

Disclaimer:
Even though I'm NOT HAPPY about their service, I've yet to have a problem with my boat and would highly recommend a Malibu boat to anybody that asks. $$ for $$, I think it's the best boat out there.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com