Carlisle Tires Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » Carlisle Tires « Previous Next »
By Tom (tcaton) on Wednesday, August 06, 2003 - 10:21 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
On my way up to the lake for vacation I lost one of my tires, the tread seperated. I have read several post on these tires having that problem. I called Carlisle today and they told me that this is the first time they have heard of this problem. Those who have had this problem who did you talk to and what were the results. They want me to send them the tire and if they think it's there fault they will send me one new tire.

(Message edited by tcaton on August 06, 2003)

By Dave Covington (damnation) on Wednesday, August 06, 2003 - 10:31 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Don't even bother sending them the tire unless they are going to send you cash. It was certainly their fault b/c they produced a crappy tire.

Get a set of Goodyear Marathons and live happily ever after.

By Tom (tcaton) on Wednesday, August 06, 2003 - 10:32 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Here is a picture of it.

By Bobby Mucic (bobbymucic) on Wednesday, August 06, 2003 - 10:52 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I did some searching about carlisle tires

according to this thread on mulletboat.com, I mean Hotboat.net
http://forums.hotboat.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=005397

talk to jackie at 800-367-5710

By Sean M (magic) on Wednesday, August 06, 2003 - 1:13 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I had a Carlise tire completely blow up with less than one year's use. I'm guessing less than 2000 miles total on that tire.

I checked (psi and visual inspection) it 70 miles prior to it self destroying.

Since I live in the Northwest, it's Les Schawb for me. Good tires and completely no hassle when issues arise.

I have heard go things about Goodyear Marathons. But, I think that Goodyear actually makes tires for Carsile.

By Troy (liveoz) on Wednesday, August 06, 2003 - 1:26 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I had two carlisle's separate like that in less than a year. They are absolutely lying to you when they say it is the first that they have heard of it.

If someone wants to start a class action, you can join that. Otherwise, bite the bullet and throw away your carlisle tires today and get some better tires. It is not a matter of if but when the next one separates.

By John Lorenz (jplorenz) on Wednesday, August 06, 2003 - 2:35 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I managed about 4 years of use until one of mine came apart doing about 70 on I-5 here in Oregon.
Like Sean above, I headed straight for Les Schwab (I wish those guys would go public so I could buy some stock in that company) and got all the Carlisle's replaced. Since mine were pretty used I did not bother going after the makers of the tires - Goodyear, I think.
I see you are in Vancouver, go to Schwab and get some new tires...
John L.

By Patrick Adams (patrick_adams) on Wednesday, August 06, 2003 - 2:35 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yep, get rid of the Carlisle tires. I too had one completely blow apart in the second year. Check the inflation prior to the trip. DO NOT BY CARLISLE!!!!

By Brent Huling (captainfreedom) on Wednesday, August 06, 2003 - 2:53 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I just had the Les Schwab tire price quoted. It will be right at $300 including balancing for a new set of 4 tires. I am going in there before my next trip. Roadside assistance, warraties, etc. You can't beat them.

I am trying to decide if I want to go to 15" tires and get some cooler matching wheels to go with it. It is sooo not necessary, but sooo cool looking!

By Mike (k2rider) on Wednesday, August 06, 2003 - 3:22 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Well, they sent me 4 new tires for my one blowing out. The ones I had on it before WERE made by Goodyear. They said the 4 new ones are made by Carlisle themeselves. All I can tell you is they are a differenet tread pattern. That was about 3 weeks ago and they were shipped UPS.

Today, another set of 4 tires showed up at my door, this time delivered by FedEx Ground. Cool, I guess I'll make a lil $$ on ebay!!!

By Bill J (sdboardr99) on Wednesday, August 06, 2003 - 5:58 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
After 11 months of use I had one blow out, and the other had a bubble 1/3 the way around it so I was lucky to make it home. They sent me 5 new tires with a higher load range. According to the person that I talked to they are only having this problem in the west. They aren't sure if it's due to a bad batch of tires, longer tows to the lake in the west, hotter temps, or what. Apparently microscopic cracks occur in the tread and water gets in and then it causes the tread to separate when the tire gets hot.

Definitely push them to replace all of your tires at no charge. I also dealt directly with Jackie after being referred to her.

By Tom (tcaton) on Tuesday, August 12, 2003 - 7:53 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
After talking to Jackie, She UPS the tire to them but they keep saying they know nothing about a problem with these tires and are only going to replace the one tire. I told her to just send me the replacement cost of the tire and I would purchase all new tires of a different brand. She had no reply. so much for customer service.

By Garrett J Gross (waken23v) on Wednesday, August 13, 2003 - 8:47 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have had three blow out in the last three months. I got the same story today from Extreme Trailers that K2rider mentions about Good Year making the older crapy ones. They also gave me the same name and number that Bobby posted above. Extreme said they should send me 5 new tires. The first blowout caused $400 in damage that Good Year wrote me a check for two months ago. I have one new Carlise and the tread is completly different. I hope I don't have the problem that Tom had.

By Garrett J Gross (waken23v) on Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 11:13 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I got five tires delivered to my house on Monday. I talked to Jackie on Thursday and volia- 5 tires.

By Powell (frontsideshiftd) on Wednesday, August 20, 2003 - 10:08 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Can anyone post pics of the two different tread patterns. I have Carlisle tires on my enclosed trailer and I want to know if I have the newer ones or the older ones. Thanks

By james mccallum (jmccallum) on Wednesday, August 20, 2003 - 11:08 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yes, I'd love to know which Charlisle tires I have on my trailer also.

By Garrett J Gross (waken23v) on Wednesday, August 20, 2003 - 11:15 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
If the side wall says "Radial ST", it is the old tires. If it says "Radial Trail", they are the new tires.

By Tom (tcaton) on Wednesday, August 20, 2003 - 2:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Just got off the phone with Jackie at Carlisle, she is only sending me one tire so it's off to get 5 new Goodyears tonight. I don't really care cause I was not going to trust there tires again anyway.

By Garrett J Gross (waken23v) on Wednesday, August 20, 2003 - 9:54 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Since I'll have a few extra tires, I'm going to get another wheel to have a second spare to take on long trips.

By S Dub (sdub) on Thursday, August 21, 2003 - 1:20 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post

Thanks for starting this thread Tom. Just had a blow out and got some trailer damage. Got off the phone w/Goodyear, Carlisle said I had to file a claim w/them. They are willing to reimburse for the trailer damage and replace all tires once they look at the blown tire, and deem it bad. Which they better.

By Wake Products (tahoe) on Thursday, August 21, 2003 - 2:19 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I better get my trailer fixed too before Goodyear runs out of money. Worst part is the fenders on my DHM Trailer are welded on, so it's going to be a major repair to replace both of them.

By steve D. (mbsteve) on Monday, August 25, 2003 - 8:24 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
tom, i know you have a dhm trailer,did your tires say tow master on them? steve.

By Tom (tcaton) on Monday, August 25, 2003 - 9:59 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Steve, No mine say Sure Trail on them. Have you had a problem with yours too?

By S Dub (sdub) on Monday, August 25, 2003 - 10:19 am:    Edit Post Delete Post

I wonder how many calls Jackie is getting. I have called 4X and she wont call me back. She picked up once, I told her the prob, and she puts me back on hold never to pick up again.

I had to go up the food chain to get my call handled.

By steve D. (mbsteve) on Monday, August 25, 2003 - 10:30 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
tom, i havent had any trouble with mine, my tires are tow masters, they dont say carlisle any where on the tire. i just wondered if carlisle made tow master and these are the tires to watch out for. have you been up to merwin lately?

By Tom (tcaton) on Monday, August 25, 2003 - 10:40 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
If the Company was at all customer oriented they would just recall the tires and replace them. Instead they will probably wait till some one gets hurt or killed and sues them before they do anything. I still have not got my tire from them she keeps telling me it's on the way, As far as I care they can just keep it I'am rollin on Goodyears now.

By Tom (tcaton) on Monday, August 25, 2003 - 10:43 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Steve, I was up there Friday evening and Sunday all day though I go to Yale most of the time.do you like Merwin better.

By steve D. (mbsteve) on Monday, August 25, 2003 - 10:52 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
i go to merwin mostly,just because i know it. ive been to yale once,it seemed cool we went under a bridge and hung out in one of the fingers,i didnt care for the ramp too much,mainly because you have to back up a hill and cant see if someone is already using the lane you want. does it get rough like merwin? i go up to swift too,my friend has a cabin lake side.

By Tom (tcaton) on Monday, August 25, 2003 - 11:08 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yale can get rough too but you can go back buy the bridge and ride in there if the water gets to bad in the main part of the lake. I try to go early in the mourning before the water gets bad, how is Swift to ride on, looks like there is a lot of coves that would be protected from wind but it is alot longer drive to get up there They should have put a ramp by the dam.

By steve D. (mbsteve) on Monday, August 25, 2003 - 3:16 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
sorry tom had to go make an arrest,the water is great at swift. lots of coves ,so there is always good water to be had. some years there can be a bit of wood that you have to look out for, but never a crowd.

By Tom (tcaton) on Monday, August 25, 2003 - 4:36 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
So do you have internet access in your police car?
Where do you work Portland or Vancouver? I will have to try Swift maybe this weekend and see if the water is better I have heard that there is alot of wood up there and how is the water temp compared to Merwin Damm I'am just full of questions tonight.

By steve D. (mbsteve) on Monday, August 25, 2003 - 5:54 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
i have internet at work, i dont really want to disclose any additional info,on an unsecure site.my home email is on my profile. water temp is about the same,it gets really warm in the middle of summer.there was no wood when i was there a couple of weeks ago. i talked to my buddy and he said they have already started to drop the water level. it wouldnt effect the public launch though.

By Tom (tcaton) on Monday, August 25, 2003 - 7:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Didn't mean to be nosey I was just curious. How do you like your MB is it a open bow or closed seams to me alot of people here don't like MB I have been very happy with mine and my wake isn't small like so many people here seam to think do you have a tower on your 190 maybe sometime we could hook up and do a little boardin.

By steve D. (mbsteve) on Friday, August 29, 2003 - 2:36 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
i love mine, its my second one. i think alot of people dont really know about them because they are mainly a west coast boat. fit and finish,i think they a second to none. i went to high school with a couple of guys who work on them and have seen them inside and out. i would not trade mine,except for a new one. im thinking about going out on thrs.

By Tom (tcaton) on Friday, August 29, 2003 - 4:53 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Steve, Are you talking about next Thurs and what time and where maybe we could meet and have 2 MBs on the lake. let me know if that sounds like a plan.

By steve D. (mbsteve) on Friday, August 29, 2003 - 7:06 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
sounds good to me. i told the wife a couple of days ago that i was planning to go on thrs. where do you want to go? all the crazys will be out this weekend , i have to work all weekend. do merwin and yale close after this weekend?

By Ryan M. (h20jnky) on Friday, August 29, 2003 - 9:39 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
what happen to the carlisle tires thread?

good thing you're here steve! i would like to report a hijacking.......

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com