need your vote. decal or not? which ... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » need your vote. decal or not? which looks better? « Previous Next »
By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Tuesday, August 05, 2003 - 7:18 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I am debating on taking off the "ski" decal on the side of our boat. What do you think and with the "ski" decal gone, is the sanger decal too far back?

By matt (supraman) on Tuesday, August 05, 2003 - 7:38 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Get rid of it.

By Philip (phil_deez) on Tuesday, August 05, 2003 - 8:13 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yeah, I'd have to agree get rid of it. I would even consider getting rid of the Sanger as well. Then may be design your own to put back on or leave it blank.

By chuck kober (onealrep) on Tuesday, August 05, 2003 - 8:33 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Looks better w/out it in my opinion. Mine just has the Sanger, much cleaner. I even removed the "Ski" off of my trailer, so all it says is Sanger.

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Tuesday, August 05, 2003 - 8:35 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
good idea. what did you remove the glue with? wd40?

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Tuesday, August 05, 2003 - 8:36 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
chuck, also did you pull off cold or use a hairdryer?

By Rick H (blastmaster) on Tuesday, August 05, 2003 - 8:52 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
good question Ty. i was also considering removing the "ski" on mine and just havent been able to bring myself to do it yet. Looks good.

Rick

By Kevin Geary (wakescene) on Tuesday, August 05, 2003 - 9:00 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Remove it!!!

I did that with the Maristar logo on the side of my boat, and just left the Mastercraft logo in the rear. Boat looks so much better!

KG
http://www.Towerboxes.com

By nick360 (nick360) on Tuesday, August 05, 2003 - 9:38 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
One thing to take into account is that the "Ski Sanger" decal is reversed on the left side of the boat. Which means that on the left side, the "S" in "Ski" will be at the same spot as the "r" in "Sanger" on the right side. When you remove the "Ski" from the left side of the boat, your decals will be uneven.

Leftt Side: regnaS ikS
Right Side: Ski Sanger

Leftt Side: regnaS ___
Right Side: ___ Sanger

Your best bet would be to remove all the decals and if you really want "Sanger" on there, just buy new ones and line them up so that they match.

Btw, sorry for the two t's in Left, but it's the only way I could get the Ski Sanger logo's to line up correctly with the way the board automatically aligns everything.

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Tuesday, August 05, 2003 - 9:41 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
interesting thought...

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Tuesday, August 05, 2003 - 9:43 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
chuck, did yours start out with the "ski" on it?

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Tuesday, August 05, 2003 - 9:46 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
i will take some pics of both sides and see what it looks like.

By Jeff Reese (jeffr) on Tuesday, August 05, 2003 - 10:02 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I vote to take off the decals all together... I removed my Maristar decals too... looks much better now. I used a heat gun my wife uses for craft projects. If you warm up the decals they don't leave much glue to clean up. Goof off cleaned up the residual glue. Quick pass with the buffer and some wax… good as new with your new cleaner look.

By Mike Jacobs (deltajake) on Tuesday, August 05, 2003 - 10:05 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Please tell how then sticker can safely be removed.

By Jeff Reese (jeffr) on Tuesday, August 05, 2003 - 10:24 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
A heat gun is like a hair drier. Just warm up the sticker as you go and it will peal off with little effort. Take your time and you can get most of the decal off with out having to pick at small pieces. No other tools are needed.

By trace (trace) on Tuesday, August 05, 2003 - 10:26 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
same question, diff boat:
sticker
no sticker

By nick360 (nick360) on Tuesday, August 05, 2003 - 10:58 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey, what's up Trace?

I don't know if I personally like the looks of a Mal w/o any decals. Maybe leave just the "S.S. VLX" decal & remove the "Malibu" decal or replace them all with current decals.

Some boats look good w/o graphics, some don't. My personal opinion is that Malibu's look too plain with out decals.

By DC (dcervenka) on Tuesday, August 05, 2003 - 11:02 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
TY - Remove the whole thing. I removed the rear "sanger v210" decal using a heat gun. Jeff's right, take your time and it will come off in one piece. You can use rubbing alcohol to remove the gunk just make sure to re-wax the area.

TRACE - Agreeing with nick360 on this one.

(Message edited by dcervenka on August 05, 2003)

By Tom Barnard (tlb) on Tuesday, August 05, 2003 - 11:02 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I like the wakesetter grafics. I'd put those on, or leave the Malibu sticker.
Boat looks naked with nothing.

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Tuesday, August 05, 2003 - 11:06 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
trace, i actually kind of like it on yours...

By Andrew Kelley (adkelley) on Tuesday, August 05, 2003 - 11:26 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I am actually contemplating removing my big ugly 02 x star sticker and staying all black or changing it out for an 03 or 04 sticker. I really hate the 02 version. Your opinions?

By Grant Stewart (elmog) on Tuesday, August 05, 2003 - 12:13 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Andrew,

Wait till you hear the cost of the 03/04 stickers. The 02 might be looking pretty good. :-)

By Kirk Upton (kirk) on Tuesday, August 05, 2003 - 1:57 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Wow... how did you get everyone to pose EXACTLY the same way in the photo with no graphics? Amazing....

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Tuesday, August 05, 2003 - 2:03 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
dc, do you have any pics?

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Tuesday, August 05, 2003 - 2:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
nick,
you have a point.

i went and looked. i need to take pictures to see how it would look without since they are lopsided.

By Tracie (mb_girl) on Tuesday, August 05, 2003 - 2:36 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Trace,
I've seen Malibus like yours that had the sun cut out of the logo. Looks way better, IMO. (I think they purchased new stickers & then used an exacto knife to cut the sun out before applying them to the boat.)

By WakinVol (jlm) on Tuesday, August 05, 2003 - 3:11 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Goo Gone removes sticker residue. Works quite well. I removed the old silver "Chevrolet" aluminum sticker across the back of my tailgate with it. Let it soak for about 2-3 minutes and it works wonders. Can buy it in the cleaning section aisle at the Wal Mart.

By chuck kober (onealrep) on Tuesday, August 05, 2003 - 4:04 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ty-

The 03's just have the Sanger logo on the boat, so I didn't have to remove anything. On the trailer, I just used my finger nail and some contact cleaner to remove the residue. I peeled them off on the first day I had my boat, so they were pretty fresh still, your's will probably be harder as the sun has had time to dry out the decals quite a bit, so you may want to bust out the hair dryer.

As far as the left/ right issue, it seems that the 2 sides shouldn't be that far off, and besides, you can't see both sides at once, so the effect will be lessened.

(Message edited by onealrep on August 05, 2003)

By Darren Yearsley (ralph) on Tuesday, August 05, 2003 - 5:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I've got a solid blue Sanger coming with no swoop or chequers and just had this sticker designed up, what do you think? I was thinking getting it 6 foot long by 3 foot high....

Oh, and yes loose the "Ski"

(Message edited by ralph on August 05, 2003)

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Tuesday, August 05, 2003 - 9:56 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
i dig on that decal. i wonder if they have a differnt color?

By Darren Yearsley (ralph) on Tuesday, August 05, 2003 - 10:14 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
My cousin is designing it for me in photoshop, he can do it any colour you like, I can get it done and post you a CD if you like, send me an email if you keen.

By Darren Yearsley (ralph) on Tuesday, August 05, 2003 - 10:32 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Could look groovey in the right colours

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Wednesday, August 06, 2003 - 6:31 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
lol. could look good.

By trace (trace) on Wednesday, August 06, 2003 - 8:20 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
nice design, but won't like half of it be underwater at 3' tall?

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Wednesday, August 06, 2003 - 8:46 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
thanks kelley for the borrowed pic.

matching up decals

(Message edited by typhoon on August 06, 2003)

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Wednesday, August 06, 2003 - 8:50 am:    Edit Post Delete Post

very hard to tell from that pic but are the decals with just sanger on there going to look lopsided.

By Tracie (mb_girl) on Wednesday, August 06, 2003 - 9:11 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Don't think so. It looks like it matches the angle of the dark stripe.

By nick360 (nick360) on Wednesday, August 06, 2003 - 10:22 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Tracie,

By lopsided, he's referring to the distance from front to back, not up and down.

TY-one-on,

It looks like they probably used the trailing edge of the windshield as the marking point to position the decals. So the left side "Sanger" decal will be set back the length of the "Ski" decal and the space between the "i" & the "S". Which is what, about a foot and a half? I would just pull them off and start over with new decals.

By Tony C. (switch22) on Wednesday, August 06, 2003 - 12:45 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
IMHO--

the Sanger is better without the "Ski"--are new ones that just say "Sanger" very much $?

the 'Bu needs some sort of sticker, old or new--naked doesn't work for me

By Chris Neelley (hatepwcs) on Wednesday, August 06, 2003 - 1:29 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Darren- see if they can do the logo that i got in blue for you. Check profile. Blue/gray/black would be nice.

By Cass (cwshumsky) on Wednesday, August 06, 2003 - 6:34 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
what the hell is a "ski"?

By Tracie (mb_girl) on Wednesday, August 06, 2003 - 9:08 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
QUOTE:
what the hell is a "ski"?

It's what came before wakeboarding (some of us were actually doing watersports back then & are still alive to tell about it ).

By Josh Banta (tech1682) on Wednesday, August 06, 2003 - 9:26 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
i have to say, take off both and go with an aftermarket sticker if you want, but no ski and no sanger

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Thursday, August 07, 2003 - 2:51 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
do you think the difference in "sanger" will look funny or will anyone even notice?

By Darren Yearsley (ralph) on Thursday, August 07, 2003 - 4:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I don't think anybody would notice

By chuck kober (onealrep) on Thursday, August 07, 2003 - 4:58 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
no one will notice Ty...you can't look at both sides of the boat at once, it really won't be that big of a deal, and the 2 sides really aren't off that far.

judt do it, it seems you really want to!!

By nick360 (nick360) on Thursday, August 07, 2003 - 8:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I agree, remove the "Ski" decals.

If it ends up bothering you or if people notice, you can always peel off the "Sanger" decals and start over with new ones at some point down the road.

By Turtle (turtle) on Friday, August 08, 2003 - 12:34 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
This is what I did for the kids, 6 and 10...they think its the best thing ever. Juat a 2000 190 with the old x-5 decal, its in my profile

By Todd Raeside (waterboy) on Friday, August 08, 2003 - 8:08 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
here you go

sanger

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Tuesday, September 02, 2003 - 6:27 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
took them off. looks great and took 10 minutes with a heat gun. the glue actually came off with nu-finish wax/polish.

By Todd Raeside (waterboy) on Tuesday, September 02, 2003 - 6:39 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
This just in from Sanger: Removing Stickers voids warranty.
So where are the pictures ?

By zach lemelin (lemytry) on Sunday, September 07, 2003 - 3:50 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
how much would it cost to buy sum wakesetter graphics i wanna buy new 1s

By Jeff Altman (jeff_altman) on Sunday, September 07, 2003 - 6:49 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
For all the Wakesetter Graphics, both tatoo graphics, 3 Malibu, 2 wakesetter, 1 VLX. The cost was about $350

By Tim Krutz (timmy) on Sunday, September 07, 2003 - 6:59 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
get the pimp daddy decals

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com