Skylon Swoop X-Treme tower Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » Skylon Swoop X-Treme tower « Previous Next »
By Kailua Al (kailua_al) on Saturday, July 26, 2003 - 9:34 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Does anyone have experience with this tower? If so, it working for you? Solid and quiet? When it folds down, does it go flat enough to get your cover over it (without modifying the cover)? I really like the looks of it (with the batracks) and that it folds almost flat. How easy is it to fold down and set back up? It claims no tools needed.

Sorry Bill at Monster Tower. Based on other threads, I know your tower is a good one and does fold flat, but it just doesn't do it for me aesthetically.

By Monster Tower (monstertower) on Monday, July 28, 2003 - 2:34 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
No problem at all, thats what makes the world go round. No company can be everything to everyone, we all just want to be a whole lot to quite a few.

I have checked over the Skylon's (and every one elses) quite well and it certainly should be a solid, quiet tower. They make great towers and this is a universal tower if I remember correctly so it should be easy to install.

Good luck and post pics.

Bill

By Kailua Al (kailua_al) on Monday, July 28, 2003 - 3:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks, Bill! I appreciate your honesty, and, of course, your latest model shoot!!!

Any feedback from anyone who actually has the tower on their boat would be appreciated, especially on the "fitting under the cover" question, and the ease of use in folding down and setting back up.

Thanks!

By Kailua Al (kailua_al) on Thursday, September 04, 2003 - 7:21 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
OK, I took the plunge and bought one. It is super sturdy and quiet, and looks GREAT! And..., it does fold flat enough to fit under the boat cover without any modifications. Breaks down and sets back up very quickly. Take a look!
Boat Pic

By Monster Tower (monstertower) on Thursday, September 04, 2003 - 6:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Looks great, what is the boat? Looks like you did a nice job on the install.

Bill

By Kailua Al (kailua_al) on Friday, September 05, 2003 - 8:27 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
2002 Tige 20i

Thanks, but I had it installed!

By zach lemelin (lemytry) on Sunday, September 07, 2003 - 3:30 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
have u ever heard of a tower ripping off a boat?

By Monster Tower (monstertower) on Sunday, September 07, 2003 - 7:46 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Never heard of it but if you were pulling a tube that had a 4K lb test line and got it caught on another boat or bouy or post then the tower would likely be ripped off the boat. Other than something like that it is very unlikely.

That's why all towers have warning stickers that say dont pull tubes. They dont let go like people do (or at least should).

Bill

By Jeff (socalwakepunk) on Sunday, September 07, 2003 - 7:55 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Haven't heard of any towers being torn off. Heard at one of the first boardstocks someone got a rope caught on a stump and it capsized their boat.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com