how is the wake on a x-80 Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through July 28, 2009 » how is the wake on a x-80 « Previous Next »
By Robert Grigsby (biggris79) on Wednesday, July 22, 2009 - 4:00 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I was wanting to know if anyone rode behind a X-80 and how the wake was and is it hard to adjustthe wake and how does the boat drive

By Ryan Bush (ryanbush11) on Wednesday, July 22, 2009 - 5:49 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
it sucks... plain and simple!

By Brett Treiber (pc_sledge) on Wednesday, July 22, 2009 - 5:56 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Big boat, big wake. Takes some messing around to get it dialed but it's fun once you get it there, it boots you pretty good. Too big of boat for my tastes, and really don't care for the layout, however, the one I rode was a perfect fit for what the owner was looking for. It's obvious Ryan (post above) didn't care for it but I had a ton of fun behind it. The wake needs speed to clean it up, for sure.

By Brett Treiber (pc_sledge) on Wednesday, July 22, 2009 - 6:00 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
That's weird I just realized Ryan has a pic of an X80 attached to his profile.

By MCXSTAR (snork) on Wednesday, July 22, 2009 - 6:00 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Huge @ 26-28 MPH

By hairbandude (slipknot) on Wednesday, July 22, 2009 - 6:43 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
he must have traded it in, or isnt that his neighbors boat?

By Lance Saville (lancesaville) on Wednesday, July 22, 2009 - 7:11 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
28ft, 6500 lbs, with that size & weight it should be a nice big wake when dialed in. Big ass boat, Kinda like a party barge for wakeboarding :-)

By Ryan Bush (ryanbush11) on Wednesday, July 22, 2009 - 7:27 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
i sold my X80 about a year ago, now i have a VLX... won't go into the details

takes a ton of weight to be able to surf (over 3000lbs) and the wake is definatly no bigger than a stock weighted X-Star and you have to ride fast 26+ to really do anything behind it.

We bought the boat because we wanted a boat that would ride better than our 04 X Star and still be able to get a good wakeboard wake. It failed at both feats

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2010, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com