Overheating Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through July 28, 2009 » Overheating « Previous Next »
By Bill Allen (billallen) on Monday, July 20, 2009 - 7:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have a 05 calabria Pro-v and last week it got took out of the water while it was still running it was noticed by the people on the dock right away and shut off after being out of the water for about 20 seconds this weekend i went out to the lake and started it up and within 5 minutes my temp shot straight up to 240 ran for about 3 more minutes to idle back to dock and put back on trailer, i am assuming this is because i lost my prime on my raw water intake pump i was just wondering how to reprime? also wondering if i likely damaged anything? i'm very new to boats and very unmechanical so step by step directions would be great any help is every much appreciated thanks a lot

By Bill K (bill_airjunky) on Monday, July 20, 2009 - 7:46 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The impeller is fried. If your that unmechanical, I think a visit to the dealer is in your immediate future. You'll need to replace the impeller & search downstream for any pieces that broke off it.

By Jos (jtnz) on Monday, July 20, 2009 - 7:47 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
This might help, same deal.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/717597.html?1248112410

By Bill Allen (billallen) on Monday, July 20, 2009 - 7:48 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
yeah my immediate thought was impeller thanks for the help its very much appreciated

By Chris Watson (watsoc) on Tuesday, July 21, 2009 - 11:14 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I had the same thing happen to my SAN and the impellor turned out to be fine but the thermostat was toast. Check the impellor first, if shot then replace and remove left over material downstream, run the boat in driveway using fake-a-lake and make sure water is moving through cooling system and out the exhaust, keep an eye on temp gauge and run for a while to verify that thermostat is still good as well. You will be back on the water in no time.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2010, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com