Anyone ride the Checkmate vest by Oneil? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through July 28, 2009 » Anyone ride the Checkmate vest by Oneil? « Previous Next »
By Jason Ollom (black_ops_09) on Monday, July 20, 2009 - 5:48 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I was looking to maybe pick this one up. It feels like you have nothing on, very light.

By Brad (boardn197) on Monday, July 20, 2009 - 6:31 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I love the Checkmate. Obviously it isn't Coastguard approved but it it does the job. I notice I sit a bit lower in the water but not a problem.

By Jason Ollom (black_ops_09) on Monday, July 20, 2009 - 7:44 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
So you dont have to tread water?

By Brad (boardn197) on Monday, July 20, 2009 - 8:43 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
No you don't have to tread water, I have pair of Byerley boots and they float more than my previous boots, I have just learned to put the board under me instead of in front of me like I was use to so I can see the boat before I start. After a crash I have always surfaced, and it feels as if you have nothing on and it seems to block the wind better than other jackets. Nothing bulky or any buckles in the way when passing the handle. If you need more floatation for personal comfort I'm sure there are great jackets out there that are comfortable and USCG approved.

By Jason Ollom (black_ops_09) on Tuesday, July 21, 2009 - 9:57 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Brad what about big falls do you get any protection?

By Brad (boardn197) on Tuesday, July 21, 2009 - 2:22 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm only 160-170 so I don't know, but if that's you in your profile pic that is basically me except with hair.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2010, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com