2007 SANGER FUEL SPILLS OUT FROM VENT Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through July 28, 2009 » 2007 SANGER FUEL SPILLS OUT FROM VENT « Previous Next »
By Heidi Mota (sang_bangin) on Monday, July 20, 2009 - 4:38 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Does anyone have this problem? I have fuel spilling out of the vent while I am driving.

By Bill K (bill_airjunky) on Monday, July 20, 2009 - 4:44 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The valve is called a Racor LG50. Overtons & Skidim.com used to sell it.

Or just don't fill it up that much.

(Message edited by bill_airjunky on July 20, 2009)

By Scott (chilidog) on Monday, July 20, 2009 - 5:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have that problem with my V215, I don't top it off after it clicks off automatically but it still will spill out when on the brakes hard when full. A boat shop guy said to try and make a loop in the vent line before getting the Racor valve.

It's on my list to get the valve, just been to lazy I guess, it sucks when it spills out all over the trailer and side of the boat, so I usually try and hit the brakes hard when its full a few times at 5 mph to get the majority out before the drive home. I'm not very green, and it evaporates pretty fast off the pavement but i would bet if a cop saw it could earn you some type of ticket

By Hate N Pain (hatepain) on Monday, July 20, 2009 - 5:22 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
^^^ Do a loop in the fuel line just before the through hull and it will remedy the problem.

By Scott (chilidog) on Monday, July 20, 2009 - 6:04 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
hate did you have to splice in some more vent line? I don't think I have enough line in there now to do it, but I guess a union and some hose clamps would extend it?

By Sparky Jay (wake_upppp) on Monday, July 20, 2009 - 7:20 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
My 06 V210 was having the same problem so I called Sanger and they sent out the valve and I installed it in a few minutes. Problem solved.

By Heidi Mota (sang_bangin) on Monday, July 20, 2009 - 7:33 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks guys, I'll give it a try.

By Hate N Pain (hatepain) on Tuesday, July 21, 2009 - 7:18 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Scott, yes.

By Andrea.E. (parkgirl) on Tuesday, July 21, 2009 - 7:30 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
We had the same thing happen with our 06 V215. We took it in to the dealer and they fixed it for us, no charge.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2010, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com