Waxing boat question Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through July 28, 2009 » Waxing boat question « Previous Next »
By Jeff Wadholm (jeff_mn) on Monday, July 20, 2009 - 6:28 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
How do you guys get wax under the bunkers on your trailer? Do you guys try to was that part when it's on the lift? What about you guys that don't have a lift and just trailer it? Your bunks are on the same part of the boat every time. That part never sees wax if you leave it centered on the trailer.

How do you guys do this?

By Sam (wake1823) on Monday, July 20, 2009 - 7:49 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
LOL. We don't.
wax is not gonna stay anywhere on your hull running surface for more than about 45 seconds when you hit the water.

By Hate N Pain (hatepain) on Monday, July 20, 2009 - 7:56 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yeah I was gonna say I don't wax anything under the side gunnels.

By Charlie Koch (cwkoch) on Monday, July 20, 2009 - 8:25 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Here's how I do it... Overhead cranes at work. Upload

This actually wasn't for waxing, I was fixing some scratches in the gelcoat on the bottom side. But, For buffing I do lift it off the trailer too.... It's much easier to run the buffer at chest level rather than down at waist level, bent over for hours.

By Jeff Wadholm (jeff_mn) on Monday, July 20, 2009 - 8:53 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Good to know.

And LOL @ the exception to the rule posting.

Must be nice! My boat would be impeccable clean if I had a hoist.

Thanks guys

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2010, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com