Remember to change your impeller Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through July 28, 2009 » Remember to change your impeller « Previous Next »
By Dave (sordave) on Friday, July 17, 2009 - 1:06 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Had a little issue at the lake yesterday. Fortunately it happened when my daughter was backing the boat off the trailer. Squealed like a pig.

impeller

By Brett Yates (polarbill) on Friday, July 17, 2009 - 1:30 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I would say that is not usable anymore.

By Jeff (innov8) on Friday, July 17, 2009 - 1:37 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Damn, Did you get ALL the rubber out of the system?

By Eric (rowdy) on Friday, July 17, 2009 - 1:52 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
All to familiar. At least there's some vanes still attached to give you something to grab onto to pull it out. Did you have a spare with you?

By Bryan Locke (gwnkids) on Friday, July 17, 2009 - 1:59 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
how meny hours were on that one?

By Dave (sordave) on Friday, July 17, 2009 - 2:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I looks like I got the rubber out. I think that when it went, it jammed in the water pump and the belt was squealing because it couldn't turn the impeller.

Yes, I had a spare but I didn't want to change it in 100 degree heat and we had just launched. It's a pain in a V-Drive anyway - I'd rather do it in the garage early in the morning. I was kicking myself because it has not been replaced in 4 years and I meant to do it last season. My fault - I knew better than to blow it off.

By train (ttrigo) on Friday, July 17, 2009 - 2:13 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I am surprised it lasted 4 years. I would recommend changing it every year, regardless of the hours put on it.
lesson learned, huh? haha.

By Dave (sordave) on Friday, July 17, 2009 - 2:23 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Agreed - I will start changing it at the end of the season when I change the fuel filter since you have to take it off to get to the water pump.

By David B. (dabell) on Friday, July 17, 2009 - 2:48 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
IMO, you want to change the impeller at the beginning of the season. That way the impeller does not sit all winter long. $.02

By SEAN DEAN (05elitevc4) on Friday, July 17, 2009 - 7:48 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Agree with David, change at start of season so it doesnt dry out all winter sitting in one position. I ran my first one a few rides into its third season...almost fried my exhaust tubes and had to replace the exhaust manifold gasket too! Cheap insurance, change every year. I use a "perfectly good" old one as a paper weight on my desk at work...ha ha.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2010, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com