new idea? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through July 28, 2009 » new idea? « Previous Next »
By rylanfitz@msn.com (rylan4444) on Thursday, July 16, 2009 - 10:28 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Not sure if anyone has a product out already or have implemented their own. Why hasn't anyone installed a camera with a monitor near the cockpit allowing two people to wakeboard without having to worry about when they fall. Same concept as alot of the new trucks/suvs use to back up. Seems like it could be better than a mirror. could also program it to film your sets.

By Robert Mitchell (2006maliblue) on Thursday, July 16, 2009 - 11:34 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
There are systems. Not factory but I have a system on my boat sort of. Grant West has the perfect set up with his flip up mirror that reveals a t.v. monitor. On my boat I have a traker camera mount on the tower that feeds video to the 22" screen I have under my glove box. Not really the perfect system for viewing while someone is riding but cool for video playback. I wish Grant would make some more of his video mirror monitors they where sweet!

By rylanfitz@msn.com (rylan4444) on Friday, July 17, 2009 - 12:26 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
sounds pretty cool i wouldnt mind seeing some pictures of hi set up

By Tom Harrison (tomski2001) on Friday, July 17, 2009 - 4:10 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Not wanting to take the pss, but isn't that what the mirror is for? If you can look in a monitor, you can look in a mirror.

On the K.I.S.S. scale the morror wins hands down; simple, cheap, no moving or electrical parts and visible in bright sunlight.

By BLAIR BARHAM (jonblarc7) on Friday, July 17, 2009 - 5:28 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I thought the new malibu's with the maliview option could do that??

By Nick Bigger (nbigger) on Friday, July 17, 2009 - 6:01 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
It would be better that a mirror if you could attach the camera to a tower mount and have it follow the rope. Then there would be no blind spots.

By Richard (nauty) on Friday, July 17, 2009 - 7:34 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
"G" made one of these a few years back. He actually put the monitor in his Cipa mirror.

By Is it summer yet? (trentj6930) on Friday, July 17, 2009 - 9:39 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
You can tie a camera into the Malivue system right now. I wouldn't doubt you could tie it into the Correct Craft version as well.

By Spencer Welch (spencerwm) on Friday, July 17, 2009 - 10:08 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have driven an 09 VLX with the camera mounted on the tower and viewable through the Maliview. It works well. I still like the mirror myself but maybe because I am not used to looking down yet. Awesome option for the Illusion tower.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2010, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com