03 boat w/ 155 hours??? What to cons... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through July 28, 2009 » 03 boat w/ 155 hours??? What to consider? « Previous Next »
By MAC (mac_attack) on Thursday, July 16, 2009 - 9:38 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hello all,

I am going to look at a 2003 Mastercraft X2 this weekend. It was purchased by the current owner with 121 hours in 2005 and the boat now has 155 hours.

So in 4 years the boat has been used 34 hour.

So here's the question, what happens to a boat that's not used much and what should I look for that could go wrong due to lack of use?

By Bill K (bill_airjunky) on Thursday, July 16, 2009 - 10:22 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Oil, hoses, belts & gaskets.

I bought a 94 MC 205 in 99 that had 59 hrs on it. Every hose & belt got replaced in the first 30 days whether I liked it or not.

By trace (trace) on Friday, July 17, 2009 - 9:01 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Funk in the gas tank.

By Isaac Gredinberg (extremeisaac) on Friday, July 17, 2009 - 2:30 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I just bought an 02 with 80 hours on it... seems to be running great minus the gas guage not working.. I bought a new sending unit today to install tomorrow.. I havent had any problems with mine <knock>

By C.F. (da_bomber) on Friday, July 17, 2009 - 4:59 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Mac,

Look into MB Sports B-52 great boat for 2003 probally the best Boat

By MAC (mac_attack) on Friday, July 17, 2009 - 8:03 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks for the suggestion but not big on the B-52's look. The 205V hull is my favorite wake out of the boats I've been behind.

I looked at the boat today and decided not to get it. Wasn't the right color and was just a little more than I wanted to pay. Thanks for the responses.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2010, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com