X-Star V-drive Oil change Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through July 28, 2009 » X-Star V-drive Oil change « Previous Next »
By Kyle (Slingshot) (kylenautique) on Thursday, July 16, 2009 - 9:11 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
My buddy has a 02 X-Star and needs to change the V-drive and Tranny fluid. He is going on a trip tomorrow...way to leave things at the last min. haha! I don't know if its all one unit or a V-drive and Tranny sepererate. How do you change it, what fluids do you use and how much?

By chasin7 (chaser) on Thursday, July 16, 2009 - 10:13 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
It's all in one. Change transmission fluid. Use 15w40 motor oil. Change mine every 100 hours or at least once a season. Suck it out with a pump through the fill hole. No drain, at least none that I know of.

By BJ Cail (bcail) on Thursday, July 16, 2009 - 2:42 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
You can actually get more fluid out if you pull the filter (all it takes is an allen wrench) and then put the pump hose in where you pull the filter from. It's also recommended to replace or clean the filter. It's metal, so I cleaned mine.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2010, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com