98 SS/SAN lurching w/ perfect pass Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through July 28, 2009 » 98 SS/SAN lurching w/ perfect pass « Previous Next »
By Jeff Kukuruda (ruste) on Wednesday, July 15, 2009 - 8:08 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The last two times i've had the boat out, (98 SS/SAN, which i added PP stargazer to about 2 months ago) when starting from a stop with a boarder and perfect pass on, i start to pull and as the boat gets to about 10 mph it starts to lurch on and off the power and won't accelerate. I drop the boarder and turn the PP off and accelerate to about 20 or so then slow and pick the rider up and everything seems to work fine. this has happened twice in the last two days out, once each day. Does anyone have any ideas? is this PP related or do i have another issue? Any help or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks alot.

Jeff

By Nick Tomsyck (sidekicknicholas) on Thursday, July 16, 2009 - 7:29 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
It maybe just with epic (which I know does it for sure)... and I never really played around with Zero-off but you may be able to chage how fast the cruise/PP gets up to speed as well as the speed it holds.

Again, I haven't used stargazer so I'm not sure.

By Sinko (sinkoumn) on Thursday, July 16, 2009 - 7:43 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Does the module have enough line to accelerate the boat? Maybe the part that is connected to the throttle is hitting something (or bottoming out) and cant open the throttle anymore to get the boat up to speed from 10mph? (This? http://perfectpass.com/images/figure_a_large.jpg)

I also have no idea on the stargazer, but just a though to check that first.

By Jeff Kukuruda (ruste) on Thursday, July 16, 2009 - 3:34 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
ya im going to look it over this weekend, but it works most of the time just fine, so i dont think the cable is too short. thanks everyone.

jeff

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2010, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com