Does your wakeboat have this??? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through July 28, 2009 » Does your wakeboat have this??? « Previous Next »
By tj (tj_in_kc) on Wednesday, July 15, 2009 - 6:30 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
So, I got underneath the boat at the carwash the other day to scrub, and I notice this spot on the underside of the hull that I've never noticed.

Its on the port (passenger) side, its just about in the center of the boat length wise, and a little in front of one of the thru-hull fittings. Its about the size of a half-dollar coin.

It appears to me like a piece of plastic or fiberglass.

What is this??? Can you check your boat, does it have this????

Upload

Upload

Upload

Thanks in advance for looking and if anyone can identify what this is!

By Eubanks (eubanks01) on Wednesday, July 15, 2009 - 6:44 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
A mistake?! J/K I don't know.

By Sam (wake1823) on Wednesday, July 15, 2009 - 6:44 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
probably a hole that was plugged.

By fatsac (fatsac) on Wednesday, July 15, 2009 - 6:52 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Plugged through-hull. Did you buy it used? Seems weird it would come that way from the factory.

By tj (tj_in_kc) on Wednesday, July 15, 2009 - 6:58 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
nah, i bought it brand new from Malibu. It had like 4 hours on it when i picked it up...

can someone else with a boat at the house or if you work at a dealership go out and look and see if you have this??

By trace (trace) on Wednesday, July 15, 2009 - 7:24 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Did you look inside the boat? Looks like a thru-hull depth finder puck to me.

By fatsac (fatsac) on Wednesday, July 15, 2009 - 7:33 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I bet Trace is right!

By Murphy Smith (murphy8166) on Wednesday, July 15, 2009 - 7:36 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
A plug....are you guys serious????

It the transducer for your depth finder. I have the same thing on my Malibu.

By tj (tj_in_kc) on Wednesday, July 15, 2009 - 7:40 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
LOL, yeah i think its the transducer for the depth finder....the guys over at themalibucrew.com told me so right off!

doh!

By dhcomp (dhcomp) on Wednesday, July 15, 2009 - 7:59 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
my 08 Malibu Response LXI. Has got to be the depth finder. First thought was plugged Paddle wheel location...but i didn't look on the inside.

By Brett Yates (polarbill) on Wednesday, July 15, 2009 - 8:02 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Why the heck did they actually have to drill out a hole for it? Most of those transducers you just glue down the fiberglass in the bilge area.

(Message edited by polarbill on July 15, 2009)

By Old School (edandgem) on Wednesday, July 15, 2009 - 8:05 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Murphy Smith is right it is the transducer for your depth finder. I have the same on my malibu

By Tim (nukepower) on Wednesday, July 15, 2009 - 10:03 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
The transducers work MUCH better if they are mounted like this. If you glue it to the inside of the hull, and there is ANY type of inconsistency in the fiberglass layers (air bubbles, gaps, different cloth thicknesses) it will not give you good, consistent readings on depths. Another thing, if I remember correctly from my 2000 Sunsetter LXI, some Malibu's have the hull and and "inner liner" and there is an air gap between the two. I added a depth finder and glued it in the ski locker since it was only one layer there.

By chasin7 (chaser) on Thursday, July 16, 2009 - 10:29 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I think it's a floor drain in case you get some water in your boat. :-)

By Kevin K (supra) on Thursday, July 16, 2009 - 10:52 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I think it is a spy camera for fish

By Brock Landers (formfunction) on Thursday, July 16, 2009 - 12:12 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
transducer is sunk through the hull past the glass so you can get more accurate readings when your moving.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2010, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com