Question for Supra owners... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through July 28, 2009 » Question for Supra owners... « Previous Next »
By Peter Trounce (akdivision) on Monday, July 13, 2009 - 10:56 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ok so last weekend my ballest switches quit working. When I tried to empty my center bag which was the only one full at the time, nothing happened. I looked at the switches and all of the fill lights where on even though the toggle was on the empty posistion. I looked around to see if one of the fuse under the dash blew out but they were all fine. I opened up the switch cover to find a relay(sp) wired in for all three switches. I moved stuff around and the pump kicked on. I figuerd there must have just been a loose connection somewhere. but aa few hours later it did it again... this time i couldnt get it to work at all. so i replaced it with my tower light relay and it worked.... for a bit atleast intell it quit again. What would be causeing my relay to keep burning out? i thought the fuse's are there to keep a relay from blowing out? any ideas?

By Richard (nauty) on Tuesday, July 14, 2009 - 7:50 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Had the same thing happen to me with one of my rear sacs. It was a short in the pump. Replace the pump ($25) and I bet your problem will be solved.

By Nubb (nubb) on Tuesday, July 14, 2009 - 10:03 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Also check your valves.

By Peter Trounce (akdivision) on Tuesday, July 14, 2009 - 2:56 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
but the pumps worked when i switched relays... to me it doesnt seem like a pump issue. i feel as though there could be a short or loose wire someplace. i dont know...

By John Bauer (jonyb) on Tuesday, July 14, 2009 - 4:53 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
My center dump pump would quit working and I found that there were carpet strands in it. That was locking the pump up, which would in turn blow the fuses. I know you said that you didn't have any blown fuses, but it's a possibility that the pump is screwed up also.

By David M (d_david) on Tuesday, July 14, 2009 - 7:56 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I had the same problem. It ended up being the switch. I could swap switches around and problem would move to the new location of the switch/pump. Replaced the problem switch and pump worked fine.

By Peter Trounce (akdivision) on Thursday, July 16, 2009 - 4:31 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Well ive tried all the sugestions you guys have offerd with no luck... i checked out the pumps and moved the around to new spots, tried useing one of my a/c switchs that wasnt being used and swapt out each ballest switch and nothing. I never worked. The only thing i havnt done is replace the relay again. im going to stop by tonight and pick a couple up and work on it again tomorow. hopefully i can get it working before the weekend.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2010, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com