Center Ballast doesn't work :: 2003 S... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through July 28, 2009 » Center Ballast doesn't work :: 2003 Supra GGE « Previous Next »
By Chris Johnson (stopherj) on Sunday, July 12, 2009 - 3:27 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I am trying to troubleshoot the ballast system and I am only having issues with the front center. It won't fill or empty, but the other two bags are fine. I can hear the solenoid click when I flip the switch to fill the front bag. Does anyone have some good basic troubleshooting steps? And does each bag have it's own pump to fill the bag?

Thanks

By Aaron Ware (99_slaunch) on Sunday, July 12, 2009 - 4:07 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
One pump for all three bags. Sounds like you have a clogged line. Try pulling the line loose from the valve and blow into the bag. Unscrew the solenoid loose and flip the switch and see if the plunger actually moves. If it does move and your other bags fill sounds like a blockage to me.

By Chris Johnson (stopherj) on Sunday, July 12, 2009 - 9:31 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Awesome. That gives me a good direction. By valve, do you mean by the solenoid? And if it is clogged, do you have any recommendations to clear it... plumber's snake?
Thanks

By Aaron Ware (99_slaunch) on Monday, July 13, 2009 - 4:59 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I would try a water spray nozzle first. The solenoid is the electrical part(black thing with two wires) The valve is the big plastic housing that the solenoid screws into.

By Chris Johnson (stopherj) on Monday, July 13, 2009 - 11:23 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I was actually able to trace the problem to the circuit board the switches plug into. I used a volt meter and found that no power would go to the pump when using the center switch, but the others work. Also tried swapping the switches around on the board. Hopefully the dealership or Skier's Choice can sell these.
Thanks

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2010, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com