Impeller change? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through July 28, 2009 » Impeller change? « Previous Next »
By Travis (fman) on Friday, July 10, 2009 - 9:31 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
How many hours are you guys going before changing your impeller? Have heard between 100-120 hours is good, or every other year.

And is it as easy as it looks? Remove the plate from the impeller housing, remove old impeller, install a new one, retighten bolts? Do you need to purchase a new gasket or can you usually re-use the old one?

Thanks...

By John Bauer (jonyb) on Friday, July 10, 2009 - 10:08 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I've got 160 hours on mine with the OEM impeller. I'm carrying 2 spares at the moment though, just waiting....

By Travis (fman) on Monday, July 13, 2009 - 8:19 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thats good to know, I should be fine for this year. Probably will throw a new one in when I winterize.

By David B. (dabell) on Monday, July 13, 2009 - 8:28 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Why put one in when you winterize? Wait until the end of winter and before you take your boat out to put a new impeller in $.02

By Robert A (cocheese) on Monday, July 13, 2009 - 8:28 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Change ours every other year and if the old one is still good, we keep it as a spare. I would rather change it before it goes out. Sucks tracking down and cleaning all the impeller pieces out when one goes bad.

By Nacho (denverd1) on Monday, July 13, 2009 - 8:35 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
^ yup. Had one go out while out on the water a few weeks back. My first question: How old is your impeller? -- "two years".

My boat gets a new one at the beginning of each year. Cheap insurance. Keep a spare on the boat and the tools to change it.

Also, snap a pic with your phone before you touch anything. I also score the pump housing and cover so that I know how it came apart. It's easy to put it on backwards, so refer to that pic when you get it back together.

By Brett (aaudii5150) on Monday, July 13, 2009 - 9:57 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
The new one will come with the gasket. Changed ours at 190 hours. 2007 Malibu LSV with the 383.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2010, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com