Fuel Quality Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through July 28, 2009 » Fuel Quality « Previous Next »
By Joe Sergi (99_air_warrior) on Friday, July 10, 2009 - 6:21 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Is fuel from name brand gas stations Really better than the cut rate I have to run around town to buy good premium all the station's are being bought out by a cut rate gas company and I also here from additive company's that they really are selling the same gas as the cut rate company's and the additives are so small they put in their gas Someone out their must know the truth Thank You Joe

By jb (john211) on Friday, July 10, 2009 - 6:44 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm thread hi-jacking in a different fashion.
I'd like to see remarks on both Joe's questions and mine as well.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/715023.html?1247276574

(Message edited by John211 on July 10, 2009)

By TigeMike (chpthril) on Friday, July 10, 2009 - 6:46 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
To answer your question, yes. There are only a handful of refineries that produce all the gas. It's all pumped into the same pipeline and contains the same epa mandated additives. When it's pulled out by the "name brand", the add some additional additives in order to make it there own blend. At the end of the day, there is no huge difference between them. Just go with the correct octane fuel that your car's manufacturer calls for.

Oh, and use a "." now and then.

By jb (john211) on Friday, July 10, 2009 - 6:49 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/715023.html?1247276574

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2010, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com