BLACK BIMINI Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through July 28, 2009 » BLACK BIMINI « Previous Next »
By Justin (justsan) on Thursday, July 09, 2009 - 6:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm trying to decide on what color bimini top to go with, and was thinking of solid black (my boat is primarily black). Does anyone have this, or been in a boat with a solid black bimini? Is it hotter than a multi color bimini/does it project heat? Would you suggested it or recommend one if you have one or have used one?
Thanks

By Sparky Jay (wake_upppp) on Thursday, July 09, 2009 - 6:07 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Have one. Never noticed any difference from any other color I've been around.

By Hate N Pain (hatepain) on Thursday, July 09, 2009 - 6:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
It's no hotter under and around it.

By dhcomp (dhcomp) on Thursday, July 09, 2009 - 6:19 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Get it. If it matches the boat, dont' worry about teh color in terms of heat. Mine works great.

By hairbandude (slipknot) on Thursday, July 09, 2009 - 6:49 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
you need to have an orange stripe down the middle and black on the outsides

By trace (trace) on Thursday, July 09, 2009 - 7:09 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have one too, no hotter and darker shade underneath than light colors.

By Brandon (bp22) on Thursday, July 09, 2009 - 8:29 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
No hotter and I think it provides better shade than the lighter color biminis.

Upload

By Cameron Broussard (cameronb) on Thursday, July 09, 2009 - 9:03 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
ours is black.. it gets the job done..no hotter

By John Bauer (jonyb) on Thursday, July 09, 2009 - 9:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
ditto, mines black too.

By Tommy G (tommyg) on Thursday, July 09, 2009 - 9:07 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Mine's red, it's 10% cooler.

By Brandon (yubasanger) on Thursday, July 09, 2009 - 9:23 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Just recently switched from a yellow/black to an all black and no real change in temp to me.

By Razzman (razzman) on Thursday, July 09, 2009 - 9:38 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Had a black one and just got this one, no diff.

Upload

By Justin (justsan) on Thursday, July 09, 2009 - 9:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Nice! ...all black it is.
Todd, I think I'm stickin with one color ;-)
My idea when I bought the bought was to stick with black for all accessories, and I think a bimini counts.
Thanks guys!

By Bevan (stxr_racer) on Thursday, July 09, 2009 - 10:58 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Another vote for black..
Upload

By Mikeski (mikeski) on Thursday, July 09, 2009 - 11:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Black or other dark colors provide better shade. This is what the canvas shop recommended when I got my cover and bimini done. I have had 2 black bimini's and my current one is dark blue.

By Justin (justsan) on Friday, July 10, 2009 - 6:04 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Nice -Bevan, that black bimini looks great with the tan boat!
I'm hoping to keep the orange stripe as suttle as possible:
Upload

By Tommy G (tommyg) on Friday, July 10, 2009 - 7:24 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
What you really need to focus on when you put a bimini on is making sure that you get it installed at the exact height you want it. Was at skier's beach last weekend at the delta and I looked around at the biminis...I noticed that there are some that are so high up, they provide less shade. Then there's some that are so low, there's no way you can stand up in the boat. Make sure you find that balance where it's going to give you the right amount of shade and right amount of headroom.

IMO.

By Trevor Gleadhill (trevorg7) on Friday, July 10, 2009 - 7:36 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Tommy G makes a good point. My old Nautique had a low bimini and it was a pain to pass under. One 'want' for my new boat was a over the top bimini. I might sacrafic some shade but there is still good coverage for the driver, observer and others.

I find this one no hotter than the white one I had on my old boat.

T
Upload

(Message edited by trevorg7 on July 10, 2009)

By 266CrownlineBR (266crownlinebr) on Sunday, July 12, 2009 - 2:37 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Black here too - picture doesn't show, but I had a second one added to the front of the boat that zippers to the rear bimini. Added another 9+ feet of shade and was worth every penny. AZ heat is killer.

Upload

By Bevan (stxr_racer) on Sunday, July 12, 2009 - 3:53 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks Justin.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2010, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com