How to properly clean after long wknd... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through July 28, 2009 » How to properly clean after long wknd or trip? « Previous Next »
By scotty (stillentt) on Wednesday, July 08, 2009 - 5:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
So I just finished up a nice long holiday weekend on the lake and after having been in the water for several days and then dragging it home on the highway I notice that she really needs a good cleaning.

I would like to scrub down the hull and wax or buff it but wanted to get some input from you guys? Whats the best way to clean up the hull to keep her bright white?Upload

By Patrick Widing (pdub) on Wednesday, July 08, 2009 - 5:16 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
start with a good water spot remover babes makes a good one. wet the boat down spray on the remover let it set a few minutes take a good clean sponge and wipe down. rinse real good then use a boat wash & wax product then finish up with babes boat bright. I do this on my boat and when i'm done she looks great.

By Hate N Pain (hatepain) on Wednesday, July 08, 2009 - 5:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hull? Simple wash and wax, if there are water spots use either 50/50 vinegar and water or a spot remover like Babes. Follow up with a wash,cleaner wax then a polish. I just finished up 2 1/2 hours of interior cleaning on mine after the 4th, just the fourth and and I keep mine clean all the time. Woulda been longer but it started sprinkling before I could pull out the steam cleaner for the carpets. Don't neglect the interior so much crap sneaks into the nooks and crannies on these things. Hope you had fun and those that also had fun help you out.

By Dave (bcrider) on Thursday, July 09, 2009 - 9:36 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
vacum interior, clean the windshield, Wipe down all the vinyl with some 303.

Just had to do the same thing to my boat after my holiday's last week. Still need to pull it out so I can wash the outside though.

By Matt P (motorcitymatt) on Thursday, July 09, 2009 - 8:09 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I second pdub... Babes cleaning products make maintaining yer boat easier.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2010, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com