RZ4 Wakesurf set-tup and pics and gen... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through July 28, 2009 » RZ4 Wakesurf set-tup and pics and general thoughts « Previous Next »
By bullit (bullit) on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 9:03 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Is this boat good for wakesurfing? Can you surf both sides? How much extra weight? How do you like the boat?

By David B. (dabell) on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 9:20 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Which year are you asking about? 2009 models had a swim platform issue where the platform would create a second lip. The new 2010 platforms are performing better from what I hear.

IMO, you might be better off with an RZ2 for wakesurfing since the RZ2 doesn't need a ton of weight unlike the RZ4 would. $.02

By sprz4 (spolk69) on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 10:56 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
The 08 was the one with the prob. I've got an 09 rz4 with over 100 hours on boat and most of it surfing. It surfs great with factory bal and 500# on surf side. Huge wake. I have been using the carbon sweet spot and love it

By bullit (bullit) on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 5:48 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hmm I am getting a 08! Is there away to make it work?

By David B. (dabell) on Wednesday, July 08, 2009 - 7:26 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
You are right sprz4, it was the 2008's with the problems. Time is going quicker than I thought.

Bullit, yes there is a fix to this. When you do purchase the boat, ask the dealer for the 2009 platform because you don't want the 2008. The supports are the same length and mounted in the same place. The only difference is that the swim platform is smaller.

You can also checkout Tigeowners and go into the forum. There are a lot of others with RZ4's that you can talk with on the forum.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2010, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com