Bilge problem Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through July 28, 2009 » Bilge problem « Previous Next »
By Dave Sutherland (suthaforce) on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 6:48 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
This weekend we were out, and I noticed when I would turn on my blower or bilge it would cut out my radio as if my battery were getting weak, but it is not and reads 100%. Eventually I lost everything on my dash, and found a 10amp fuse was blown, I replaced and when I turned on the bilge it blow immediatly again, so replaced it with a 15, everything now works, but when I turn on the bilge it blows out the little button breaker under the switch. Do I have a short in my bilge somewhere or is it possibly burnt up?

This is an 05 moomba LSV.

By Mike Riding (madriding1) on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 7:31 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey Dave... I have an 08 LSV and my bilge was getting plugged up from carpet fiber and blowing the fuse. There is a screen filter in the pump, try seeing if that is plugged up causing the fuse to blow.

By Dave Sutherland (suthaforce) on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 7:07 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Took a closer look tonight, and when I flipped the switch for the first time it ran the pump for a second then blew the button breaker. I reset it now my bilge switch will stay on without tripping the breaker but I get nothing out of the pump. Is there another screen inside it after you pull the bottom cage part off? That did not seem to be clogged. I would hate to go buying a new pump when it could be something else.

By Mike Riding (madriding1) on Wednesday, July 08, 2009 - 9:13 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Dave, I looked at mine last night and just saw the one screen.

By Dave Sutherland (suthaforce) on Friday, July 10, 2009 - 8:38 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks for your help Mike. The pump just ended up being shot. I upgraded to the 750 GPH, but had to cut to the wires and use butt connectors instead of the plug, so you will probably see a pic of me in the please use your blower thread

By Nacho (denverd1) on Friday, July 10, 2009 - 9:21 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Put silicone or marine sealant on the ends of your connectors.

By Dave Sutherland (suthaforce) on Friday, July 10, 2009 - 1:37 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I used butt connectors that you can melt the ends with a heat gun to seal it, so they should be pretty good.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2010, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com