Bilge Pump removal? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through July 28, 2009 » Bilge Pump removal? « Previous Next »
By Geoffrey Haynie (06outbackv) on Monday, July 06, 2009 - 6:27 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have an 06 Outback V and I cannot figure out how to remove my bilge pump. It is an attwood sahara 500 I think. The light on the switch will not go off,,,the pump makes no noise when I flip the switch and there is water in my boat. I have figured out that my tube was clogged up, would that cause it to maybe burn up? Any suggestion?

By Geoffrey Haynie (06outbackv) on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 7:24 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
anyone?

By WAlove (masonwakerider) on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 7:42 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
the bottom part of the pump is black and acts as a screen. Their are taps on both sides of the screen. Press them in and the pump part will lift off with the wires.

Check the fuse first, the screen does not let the hose clog but if the float switch gets stuck on the pump will run continuously until it dies.

If you buy the same model to replace you can leave the base part and just clip the new pump on to it.

By trace (trace) on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 8:38 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
WAlove is right - you have to squeeze the clips on each side and the upper white part will pop off. The Sahara also has a knob on the side for testing the float switch, but I bet the motor is cooked. I just replaced a Sahara 500 about a month ago that was only a couple years old.

FWIW, I'd go with a 750 gph when you replace it. 500 gph bilge pumps are really intended for 17' LOA and under, not to mention the additional risks from ballast.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2010, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com