Does anyone have these wheels? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through July 28, 2009 » Does anyone have these wheels? « Previous Next »
By Travis (fman) on Saturday, July 04, 2009 - 10:49 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Getting ready to upgrade to an aluminum wheel on my trailer, if anyone has these style wheels on there trailer please send a pic. These are 14" wheels.

http://www.trailerandtruckparts.com/14-inch-Series-6-Trailer-Wheel-5-on-4-12_p_169.html

or these

http://www.trailerandtruckparts.com/14-inch-Dark-Force-Aluminum-Trailer-Rim-5-Lug-_p_616.html

Thanks... would like to see what they look like mounted on a trailer.

By 266CrownlineBR (266crownlinebr) on Monday, July 06, 2009 - 9:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
No, but I would like to see that second set on a trailer also.

By Travis (fman) on Thursday, July 09, 2009 - 1:28 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I just ordered a set a couple days ago, I will upload some pics when I get them mounted next week. They are going under a Supra, Black, Tan and Fossil color. Replacing the stock chrome modular steel wheels.

By Newty (newty) on Thursday, July 09, 2009 - 6:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I bought a set of the transformers for my trailer. I love them. they seem like a quality rim and the customer service was awesome.

Nice color BTW

Upload
Upload
Upload

(Message edited by newty on July 09, 2009)

By Travis (fman) on Thursday, July 09, 2009 - 8:37 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Newty,

Those wheels look great, what a perfect match for your boat. I just ordered my wheels, should be in by end of week. Hopefully next week I can get them mounted. I will send some pics, here is a before shot. Currently I have the chrome modular 14" wheels.
Upload

(Message edited by fman on July 09, 2009)

By Hangar Pilot (jpuckett) on Saturday, July 11, 2009 - 6:43 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I chose to go the custom wheel route. I order polished aluminum wheels from Centerline. I replaced the 15" with 18" wheels and tires. I also change the fenders from the narrow stainless fenders to the 10" wide stainless fenders.

Before
Upload

After
Upload

As you can see it made a big difference in the way the trailer looked.

By Bryan Locke (gwnkids) on Saturday, July 11, 2009 - 11:54 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hangar,
I take you old fenders. My boatmates are just painted and the stainless fenders look nice.

By Hangar Pilot (jpuckett) on Sunday, July 12, 2009 - 2:48 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Bryan,

I'm sorry but they are already gone. But you can order them from Boatmate. 865-273-1100 www.boatmatetrailers.com

By Travis (fman) on Wednesday, July 15, 2009 - 3:46 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Got my wheels mounted.....
Upload
Upload

By Travis (fman) on Wednesday, July 15, 2009 - 3:51 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Bryan,

Nice wheels, they look great....18's are real nice, unfortunately I would not be able to fit my boat in my side garage if I went any higher, I only have about 1/4" clearance when putting her away.

By Newty (newty) on Wednesday, July 15, 2009 - 5:23 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Looks great fman!

By Todd Morgan (skinny99) on Wednesday, July 15, 2009 - 8:01 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Travis you can get bigger wheels and smaller tires! Overall height can go down or stay the same! The only disadvantage is you lose some of the shock absorbion of the tires,if these trailer had any real weight on them the Lo-Profile setups would be very detrimental too ride quality and total load capacity. IMO Todd

By Travis (fman) on Wednesday, July 15, 2009 - 10:48 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I am so close to hitting I did not want to take any chances, although I do like the 16-17" wheels, for now the 14's are gonna have to do. With my luck I would be notching out my garage.

By Newty (newty) on Thursday, July 16, 2009 - 10:06 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The prob with bigger wheels is you are limited in selection because most wheels aren't narrow enough to fit in these applications.
Trust me I spent hours researching this before I settled on the ones I have. And I was not willing to modify the fenders or the trailer to make them fit. I am really happy with my wheels and I dont have to worry too much about curbing them in tight areas.
Plus I didn't have to spend extra cheese on new tires!!!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2010, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com