Inflatables Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through July 28, 2009 » Inflatables « Previous Next »
By Jeff (snowfire) on Friday, July 03, 2009 - 10:12 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm probably going to get slammed for this on a wake forum but here goes. I have an HO tube I pull the kidos on which has developed a small tear, 1 inch or so, long. I'd hate to just toss it, does anyone have any ideas on patching? Is it worth it? What to use, etc.?
By DB (lakelife) on Friday, July 03, 2009 - 10:52 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Bicycle tire patch kit should do the job. You might need to get one of those cut-able patches if it's a full inch long... Good luck!
By Michael Hunter (mhunter) on Saturday, July 04, 2009 - 6:51 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
No bicycle repair wont work. Go to sport mart or a camping store and get some PVC repair cement. The tube should have come with some patches if not water bed patches will work or an old inflatable to cut up.
By Trevor Dean (drilldaddy78) on Saturday, July 04, 2009 - 7:01 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Are you talking about the tube or the outer material. I had ripped the material on mine last year and took it to the guy who did my seats. He charged like $40 plus he reinforced where the rope hookes up and the zippers. Any uphoulstry shop will do that for cheap. If you are talking about the tube Michael is right. You want to use the PVC cement.
By Jeff (snowfire) on Saturday, July 04, 2009 - 10:17 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
It's the tube, I'll try the cement and water bed patches. Thanks for the help guys.
By Geoff Hatfield (ridealready) on Sunday, July 05, 2009 - 11:29 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Email their customer service. They replaced my tube cover on my tube last year for free...
By gumtree (gumtree) on Monday, July 06, 2009 - 6:42 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
We use Aquaseal, most boat stores can get it, or fly fishing shops have it for repairing waders. Stays flexible.
By Cory McLean (kikitlo) on Monday, July 06, 2009 - 11:58 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
3M 5200 works real good by itself. At least it has for me.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2010, All Rights Reserved.