Opinions on amps for tower speakers Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through July 28, 2009 » Opinions on amps for tower speakers « Previous Next »
By Brett Busby (brett_busby) on Friday, July 03, 2009 - 9:30 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Opinions needed;
Problem not enough sound in back of the boat, to loud inside the boat. Not changing speakers, only amps.
Currently have:
Rockford T400-2 powering a CRV12 Kicker woofer.
Planet Audio 75.4 powering (4) DB 650 polks inside and (2) 3 way combo Fusion tower speakers
I was planning to add a T600-2 to power the (2) Fusion tower speakers
The dealer suggested using a T600-4, get rid of the Planet Audio drive the woofer and inside speakers
Use the T400-2 to drive the tower speakers. Which way would go?

By DB (lakelife) on Friday, July 03, 2009 - 11:05 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Why would you want to get rid of the Planet Audio, they make great products! I would suggest the following:

- T400-2 to drive tower speakers - adjust the gain until you can hear the tunes riding

- PA 75.4 to drive cabin speakers - adjust the gain until the passengers ears aren't bleeding

- pick up a monoblock, Class D sub amp to drive your sub. As far as size of amp, if you like Kicker stuff go for the ZX-300.1 or 500.1 if you have the cash

I'm sure some of the pro guys can help you out better than I can. Good luck.

(Message edited by lakelife on July 03, 2009)

By Brett Busby (brett_busby) on Saturday, July 04, 2009 - 8:49 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks another way of looking at it. I think the T400 is pretty well match to the woofer. But same Idea I had, keep the PA and get the T600 for the tower. Another thought the dealer thought the T400 was a good amp and the T600 could be over kill.

By Brett Busby (brett_busby) on Sunday, July 05, 2009 - 9:09 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
TTT

By DB (lakelife) on Monday, July 06, 2009 - 8:03 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
The T400 is a two channel amp, so even though you can bridge it for a subwoofer, it is better suited to a two channel application... i.e. tower speakers. The class D mono sub amp will be (slightly) more efficient than a Class AB amplifier, and is designed for the task. And yes, I think the T600 is overkill for the tower speakers, but that's just me. The guy on here who has 16 wetsounds speakers on his tower might disagree!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2010, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com